Paradigm cinema 100 or KEF T205 or Dali custom

Rjoshi

Hello everyone,

I joined the forum today, as i need to get some advice from all the experts here. I know it sounds quite selfish but I should admit that I am pretty illiterate in terms of audio / video products / technologies etc and so still wondering how I can contribute going forward. I hope you will kindly offer your advice ! I will try to contribute where I can ..

I did research this excellent form as I started looking at setting up a home theatre for past few weeks. My Onkyo 3x00 of 5 years is not working and so the search started. Followed the forum advice and did the following demos. But I am still confused (Heart vs ears vs pocket :D ) budget around 1.5-2 lacs including receiver, speakers etc. Will go for 5.1 now and Atmos after 6 months.

Room size is 23ft x 13 ft (LxW) and viewing area around 16x13 ft (view TV from around 10ft). TV is Samsung 4K 55 inches.

The floor standers look huge and so thinking of going for wall mount speakers only.

90% of usage is movies and rest is TV, Xbox etc. Very rarely for Music. Prefer to get good clarity at mid volumes and I don't hear very loud movies (wife !!). Movie collection on BuRay and sometimes D's.

Thinking of Denon X2300W receiver as it seems to have good reviews, features including upscaling and is a new model so should be good for 3-4 years ? good choice ? please advice.

KEF 205T demo at Pro Fx Worli - they sounded quite good on a few movie demos and they look super sexy ! I liked them a lot but I am wondering if my eyes are ruling my ears ! package (Denon X2300W+ Sepakers)coming to approx 1.9L

Paradigm Cinema 100 demo at The Shop Andheri - They look very small but sounded quite good. Will they work well for lower volume viewing, TV etc ? the size creates the question mark. package (Denon X2300W+ Sepakers) approx 1.33L

Dali Zensor custom package at the Shop. The demo was not proper as the 5.1 was not setup. The suggestion was Zensor 5 floor standers (their size is quite compact) + Zensor 1 book shelf rears, center & Sub. package (Denon X2300W+ Sepakers) 2L+ . but no real idea how the package will sound as entire demo is not available.

Klipsch Quintet + Marantx 1606 at Viola Andheri - approx 1.4L. Somehow they didn't sound that great...

Can you please advice if i should look at some other options and where I can demo them ?
Also your advice on the KEF 205T vs Paradigm 100 as to which is better of the two ?

I will greatly appreciate your advice and looking forward to your help

thanks
RJoshi

The Dali Combo with Denon AVR seems to be a good deal. They both pair well too, go for it. But I would strongly advice to take an audition and trust your ears.

You should definitely check out the Morel Soundspots....MT 2 is model I guess....Have sent you PM of the place whr u can check those out.....heard at MZ Audio bandra....

Large room (don't go for Bookshelf go for tower speakers) , 90% movies..
Your AVR denon x2300w is a good choice, consider Polk if you are pairing it with Denon for movies, they both sound awesome.

One more option is tower speakers Polk RTI a5 (55k), Polk Fxi A6 (34k) Surrounds, Polk CSI A6 (28k) Center , Polk 550 (33k) (or preferably two cheaper Subs like Taga would be a better option to consider). Listen to the Polk and denon combo if you haven't already.

The Marantz and dali pairing is equally good for you. Concentrate on getting the best Sub and Center speaker for the budget as they matter a lot for movies.

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Just a quick advice carry your own set of media (Video/Audio Files) with you when you go for any audition.

This would help you to better judge a configuration which best suits your taste.

Best of Luck for your search.

Cheers!

If you are looking for compact speakers will good sound look no other than Def Tech pro cinema 1000. Will go very well with Denon x2300. As they can be wall mounted flexibility of placement is on higher side. You will get more bass extension from relatively small speakers. Before buying anything just give them try, you will not regret for atleast audition.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

KEF definitely is a good choice, eventhough its slightly expensive. Even music sounds good with KEF. That said, Paradigm Cinema 100 is no pusher. Its ideally suited for hometheater environment. Small speakers but big sound, especially bass. Dali Zensor towers you can take if you have considerable music usage also. Finally, its your choice. I would recommend KEF though.

I have used KEF LCR bar which is not the same but similar other smaller / thinner packages have same physical limitations of cabinet volume. For movie experience they just cut in but that is about it.

Dali Zensor is a bit special special as they nailed the series in the budget range pretty well. Their smaller footprint and living room friendly looks make it ideal, IMO. I always have preference for smaller floor-standers which is a good middle ground.

Thanks everyone for your advice here & PM. I greatly appreciate it. Sorry for the late reply as I was traveling.

So I will finalise the AVR as Denon X2300W.

I will try to audition the recommendations on Morel & Deftech this weekend and share my thought. Will be in Singapore in next week & may try there.

The Polk RTI A5 , I did try at ProFx. They look too big and I am sure my wife will hate them !! So a great option is ruled out. Dali FS size is doable. Any Polk etc FS in that size ?

I hope I can find a demo for the exact Dali config that is proposed. If any suggestions on locations, please share.

I plan to finalise the buy & install the long R'day weekend.

Thanks once again

I did the Wharfedale Diamond 210 package demo at Hifivision. I really liked the package.

I has a nice big center 220C, bipole rears and right sized 210 fronts. Both music & movies sounded great.

Its now down to Wharfedale (as above) vs Paradigm Ct100. Any final thoughts / advice ?

Thanks for the help.

I did the Wharfedale Diamond 210 package demo at Hifivision. I really liked the package.

I has a nice big center 220C, bipole rears and right sized 210 fronts. Both music & movies sounded great.

Its now down to Wharfedale (as above) vs Paradigm Ct100. Any final thoughts / advice ?

Thanks for the help.

+1 for Wharfedale!!!
WD220 for fronts, WD210 for surrounds along with 220C center channel will be an ideal setup.

WD210s are too small for music, however if it has satisfied your soul, go ahead with it.

One another fine option available for you which just sounds great for movies as well as music is Polk RTiA3,RTiA1 and CiA4.You can mount them on wall also as they are front ported. Polk are little on Brighter side compare to Wharfadale but pairs very well with Denon and the combination is killer for movie watching if coupled with good subwoofer .

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Re: Paradigm cinema 100 or KEF T205 or Dali custom or Wharfedale

I didn't like the round shape of morel ! So didn't try the demo. Any recommendation on where I can demo the Def Tech. Couldn't find a place..

I did demo the 220s and they are great but are big, also cannot wall mount. hence the 210s. Will they be ok for Movies ?

In my opinion 220 will be a good matching fronts for 220c.
210 can be for surround. There is no harm in using 210 as fronts with Sub, but in 2.0 mode for music it may lack in bass.

Thanks.

For the rears, I was quoted the DFS bipole. Should I replace them with 210s or the bipole is better ?

Re: Paradigm cinema 100 or KEF T205 or Dali custom or Wharfedale

I didn't like the round shape of morel ! So didn't try the demo. Any recommendation on where I can demo the Def Tech. Couldn't find a place..

mz audio - 9819258858
my frend got a deftech cinema 800 frm them

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back