Paradigm Monitor 11 or PSB Image T6 or ... ?

prashantn

I have a budget of around 60-70k for speakers & in the last 2 weeks, I have tested the following speakers:

Dali, Ikon 6 - Rs 87,000/-
JBL ES-80 - Rs 55,000/-
MS Mezzo - Rs 65,000/-approx
Paradigm Monitor 11 - Rs 79,000/-
Xavain XC - Rs 1,00,000/-
PSB Image T6 - Rs 85,000/-
Polk Audio RTI-A7 - Rs 55,000/-
Wharfedale 10.7 - Price Rs 60,000/-

Of these I have liked the Paradigm Monitor 11's and the PSB Image T6. The Dali was good, however the bass and loudness was higher in the Monitor's compared to the Dali.

Although finally I couldn't get a comparison between Paradigm's & PSB's as they both are with a different dealer.

Can anyone suggest which speakers to go for? Is there any other brand/model better than these two?

I have a budget of around 60-70k for speakers & in the last 2 weeks, I have tested the following speakers:

Of these I have liked the Paradigm Monitor 11's and the PSB Image T6.

Audio is subjective and a matter of the room, placement, taste and system.

Both PSB and Paradigm are good value. That said, I would also include the Polk A9, KEF Q700, Monitor RX6, Focal Chorus 726 and Tannoy DC6T to your list.

prashantn,

That s a lot many auditions you need to do but then that would only help you to make the right decision - a speaker which sounds good to your ears..... all the best and post your further impressions of your auditions

Purely between Monitor 11 and PSB T6, I may pick up T6. Both sound good with NAD. Unfortunately, I haven't had a change to listen to the Mezzos or the Ikons and I have heard rave reviews of both of them.

JBL ES-80 - Rs 55,000/-

Of these I have liked the Paradigm Monitor 11's and the PSB Image T6. The Dali was good, however the bass and loudness was higher in the Monitor's compared to the Dali.

Although finally I couldn't get a comparison between Paradigm's & PSB's as they both are with a different dealer.

Can anyone suggest which speakers to go for? Is there any other brand/model better than these two?

If you are already fixed between the Paradigm's & PSB, then leave it. If not check out Sonodyne Sonus 2605 FS 26K. Technically it is the same with the others (3 Way). Don't look @ the price & Compare with rest of the speakers that you have mentioned. It will leave you with a more satisfying performance than shattering.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the inputs. I now also tested, Monitor RX6, Focal Chorus 726 which are good but are behind the Dali's, Paradigm's & PSB's.

Frankly speaking, and as mentioned by milestoneseeker, PSB's are awesome! I really wanted to listed to Tannoy but the only distributor which is Alliance 4 also does not have a set on demo :(. Apparantely he had the Xavain speakers, which are from Czech - A set of brilliant speakers, will even take over the PSB's but way to expensive for me.

Next to test is KEF 700 and Klipsch, before I finalize.

Let your ears be the best judge. Do repeated auditioning with different amplifiers. Do listen to PSB Imagine and Paradigm Studio/Reference series. Do not audition with AVR's , unless you have plans to build a 5.1 setup with an avr.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the inputs. I now also tested, Monitor RX6, Focal Chorus 726 which are good but are behind the Dali's, Paradigm's & PSB's.

Frankly speaking, and as mentioned by milestoneseeker, PSB's are awesome! I really wanted to listed to Tannoy but the only distributor which is Alliance 4 also does not have a set on demo :(. Apparantely he had the Xavain speakers, which are from Czech - A set of brilliant speakers, will even take over the PSB's but way to expensive for me.

Next to test is KEF 700 and Klipsch, before I finalize.

Which one did you buy finally? Paradigm 9/11 or PSB Image T6?

Where did you audition PSB Image T6???

JBL ES-80 - Rs 55,000/-

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back