parallel phone connection = parallel modem?

arnprasad

Hi..i got a parallel phone connection..first and ground floor. my bsnl router had issues and i bought and installed a tplink modem/router. since BSNL charges me rental for router every month, i was wondering if i can have the BSNl router installed on first floor.

is it technically feasible?

Hi..i got a parallel phone connection..first and ground floor. my bsnl router had issues and i bought and installed a tplink modem/router. since BSNL charges me rental for router every month, i was wondering if i can have the BSNl router installed on first floor.

is it technically feasible?

Yes, but you will be able to use one modem at a time. The other one will have to be kept switched off.

You cannot have two modems on the same line. What is exactly that you wish to achieve as the end result? What are your current issues?

Don't really have any issue per se.

(a) the signals in first floor is weak plus
(b) given that I am not using BSNL modem and I am charged rent by them, wanted to put it to better use.

So I thought if its technically feasible, I will ask BSNL to repair the broken modem and install it in first floor.

If its technically not feasible, then I will ask them to stop charging me rent since I am not using their modem and save 100 rupees a month :)

Yes. You could (should) return the BSNL modem. Why pay for something that you are not using.

Your problem of weak signal from floor to floor can be solved by setting up a wireless repeating station.

a) You will need two wireless routers. Same make/model is preferable.
b) The two routers must be connected by Ethernet cable
c) The second router is setup as a repeater broadcast
d) Both routers must have the same internal IP address.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back