** ROTM Award May 2018: Parasound Halo Integrated

Thanks madhur and indrani for your kind and encouraging words. I have just changed to a devialet. So I have put the parasound on sale, as I don't need two integrated amps now. Thanks

Newlash, just a curious question. Why does a sudden change to devialet? Any reasons? And how do you compare both amps?

Hi vinoth....good morning. I actually live in a flat and don't have a dedicated room for my audio setup. So I have my 2 channel setup in my dining. Since I have a open floor plan, I was having 4 big floor standers in that space. And all visitors thought I was a weirdo :)

So wanted to integrate my entire Setup into my HT setup too. But wouldn't have been possible will all the cabling for a streamer + dac + big amp. So went with a devialet, so that I can have one box doing everything. And it helps that the devialet looks good too.

I have just started using the devialet today morning. And preliminary impressions are very positive. It is a definite step up from the previous chord + parasound combination I was using. And it should be considering the cost difference. It has more clarity, detail and rhythmic prowess than my previous setup. The chord dac was very musical, but the devialet is again a step up in musicality.

However the devialet is bass heavy. Iam actually having too much bass at the moment. And this excess bass is drowning the detail in the mid range.

Still too early to make any definitive statements, but everything is likable so far, except the heavy bass. Will post a review once i've done enough listening. Thanks :)

Good. But the confusing factor is that how would you choose devialet in a short period of time from parasound purchase and what else triggered you buying / upgrading this other than space constraints.

There are solutions for boominess we can talk about that later but I am just curious to know about the upgrade. Sorry if I take advantage about it.

Good. But the confusing factor is that how would you choose devialet in a short period of time from parasound purchase and what else triggered you buying / upgrading this other than space constraints.

There are solutions for boominess we can talk about that later but I am just curious to know about the upgrade. Sorry if I take advantage about it.

No probs vinoth...we are all free to discuss here openly. No issues at all. The devialet was a well considered purchase. I initially bought the parasound as I wanted a 2.1 setup for music. And nothing in the market beats it for ease of subwoofers integration. At that time I had the concept 40's. But after I went for pmc's, I realised I really didn't need a sub for music. So I wanted a all in one to save space in my rack. So the devialet looked like a good bet

He's a true sport & gem of a person, its really tough to offend him. He's on Land for 3 months only, after that he'll have to be on sea for another 4 months I think ; he doesn't have the luxury of time like us. (for eg, I'm sitting on a decision & auditions of Preamplifier for 9 months now, I took 8 months to buy a new TT).

If everything works out, I'll visit him this weekend, I'm also quite curious about Devialet paired with Pmc.

He's a true sport & gem of a person, its really tough to offend him. He's on Land for 3 months only, after that he'll have to be on sea for another 4 months I think ; he doesn't have the luxury of time like us. (for eg, I'm sitting on a decision & auditions of Preamplifier for 9 months now, I took 8 months to buy a new TT).

If everything works out, I'll visit him this weekend, I'm also quite curious about Devialet paired with Pmc.

Many thanks for the kind words...most welcome to come over for a listen to the devialet + pmc's :)

Thanks obvious... I got a pre-loved devialet d-premier.
Great ! I haven't heard the original D' Premier but I believe it's not much different from current generation of Devialet Expert Pro range. From my personal experience with Devialet, I would suggest you to go for a very well shielded power cord, it would really make a difference. You can contact Devialet for the Core Infinity upgrade if you want to have a fully functional streamer and also try out the latest firmware 12.3.0.

Great ! I haven't heard the original D' Premier but I believe it's not much different from current generation of Devialet Expert Pro range. From my personal experience with Devialet, I would suggest you to go for a very well shielded power cord, it would really make a difference. You can contact Devialet for the Core Infinity upgrade if you want to have a fully functional streamer and also try out the latest firmware 12.3.0.

Thanks a lot otpidus...

Will include a power cord in my shopping list for my next trip abroad. There were actually the experts and expert pro's also available. And they are indeed supposed to sound slightly better than the original d premier. But I didn't want to spend extra for the wireless and streamer functionality. I bought it as a good integrated amp . Will add an extra streamer next to catch up with present times. Iam presently trying to find a streamer with aes ebu out.

Wonderful amps both of you guys have

Recently a friend upgraded to top of the line AVM ovation series integrated which is also has a cd player and dac built in one chasis along with the integrated amplifier
It pre has a tube stage

It was sounding a little bit shallow and dry for his tastes and he changed to atlas power cord which is some new release by them

The said AVM also has class D implementation for its amp and has tube pre

It improved the PRAT considerably and gave the necessary weight to the music. The piano sounds very realistic now

So a well constructed power cord does make a difference
I was also a sort of non believer in power cords and felt they don't make a considerable difference or one needs a highly resolving system to hear changes between power cords

I was proved wrong when I tried some acrolink power cords with 7N purity copper with my amp and dac

So yeah do experiment with a good power cord. Should be an interesting experience

Wonderful amps both of you guys have

Recently a friend upgraded to top of the line AVM ovation series integrated which is also has a cd player and dac built in one chasis along with the integrated amplifier
It pre has a tube stage

It was sounding a little bit shallow and dry for his tastes and he changed to atlas power cord which is some new release by them

The said AVM also has class D implementation for its amp and has tube pre

It improved the PRAT considerably and gave the necessary weight to the music. The piano sounds very realistic now

So a well constructed power cord does make a difference
I was also a sort of non believer in power cords and felt they don't make a considerable difference or one needs a highly resolving system to hear changes between power cords

I was proved wrong when I tried some acrolink power cords with 7N purity copper with my amp and dac

So yeah do experiment with a good power cord. Should be an interesting experience

The return path of power delivery is the most complex thing to manage. It carries a lot of frequency components at various power level which the power supply unit of the component produces as a by product of the filtering and conversion process. Even the ground can also get modulated by a few milli-volts. Some of these components are either radiated interference or conducted interference. There are readily susceptible areas for a system as far as radiated interference is concerned, the unused RCA sockets, interconnects and the speaker cables. A properly shielded power cord attenuates the radiated interference to make an appreciable change in the sound quality.

Hi All,

Could you please advise Parasound Integrated or A21/P5 ? which one is the best ? If anyone has compared these two Parasound options ?

Hi Hari Prasad....

Unfortunately I haven't heard the seperates combination of p5+A21.

But one of our forum member is having a A21, being fed by a tubed AYON pre amp and it sounds marvelous and rich with awesome clarity.

In my humble opinion, a power amp will last many many years to come. And is a good one time investment. So if you have the room to accommodate a huge suitcase sized A21, then my advise would be to go for that, and pair it with the new parasound halo P6 pre amp. This is the updated version of the P5.

Or if you are gane to try tubes. A combination of am tubed pre amp and SS power amp sounded really good to me. And that is what iam going for now. So all the best :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back