Parasound power amplifier

Kapeel

I am actively considering picking up the Parasound A21+ within this year. Was wondering, what other class ab 2-channel power amplifiers are available in India, having similar watts output and in the same price ballpark, which are worth looking at.

I have a Schiit Sys passive preamplifier, will that suffice as a preamplifier for the A21+, till I figure out another one for two channel audio?

have a Schiit Sys passive preamplifier, will that suffice as a preamplifier for the A21+
I used to have SYS as stopgap Pre with Parasound a21 power amp and it wasn't doing any justice in transparent chain with Focal Aria 926 floorstanders followed by B&W 804 d3 floorstanders. Its a damped sound with no resolution whatsoever.

As Planned, I upgraded to Schiit Freya Plus and it was quite good. I have tried couple of SS Vintage preamplifiers which didn't gel well with a21. If you are getting A21+;(from my experience with a21) I'd suggest you to buy a Tube Preamp with XLR inputs and Outputs to make a complete balanced chain throughout Or an SS preamp from Parasound stable.

Alternatively, if you could get a DAC with volume control (XLR out preferably ) you could use that connected to Power Amplifier directly ; instead of a Passive Preamp like SYS.

Hello drkrack, I am also looking at the Sys only for a short while, my sis in-law is travelling for the year end holidays and will carry, I probably will pick either the The Truth Pre Amp or Luminous Audio. I already have a tube phono stage, hence don't think I will need a tube pre-amplifier.

It seems you currently have a Kinki Studio EXM1+ driving the B&W 802D, did you swap A21+ for the Kinki integrated, is the swiss sound that good?

I was also contemplating the Kinki integrated, but the specs on A21+ with its higher watt output and Class A operation unable to decide.

Only Parasound a21+ available in India in sub 4lk range , even im looking at a good power amp to buy..

Back