Pass B1

sachu888

This, I believe is a passive pre-amp. Looks like a great kit. DIYA is head over heels about this. Now, I would like to know if it would suit a UCD180ST based amp? If so, I am very interested.

Jetlag

This, I believe is a passive pre-amp. Looks like a great kit. DIYA is head over heels about this. Now, I would like to know if it would suit a UCD180ST based amp? If so, I am very interested.

Jetlag

Hi,
I think this is D class amp.IMO B1 should work with this.

Regards,
Sachin

So its not a great match to the MyRef Gainclone with 35W per channel? :sad:

I'll take one kit anyways :eek:hyeah:

--G0bble

i meant something like pass f4 which dont have any gain ,even f5 which also not high gain iirc
myref i am running straight off a dac without any pre. so should be ok
a buffer has high input impedance so it doesnot load the source and also can drive difficult load,
check with siva how much it helps

Last edited:
Hi all,
I have 3 confirmed members for B1.The main hurdle was to get matched JFETs which have been sorted out, remaining parts can be ordered from Digikey.I am going to put order for 10 pairs of matched JFETs tomorrow,kindly confirm your participation for the kit.
PS: I don't know the final cost but it should be within RS 3000/-

Regards,
Sachin

Hi all,
I have 3 confirmed members for B1.The main hurdle was to get matched JFETs which have been sorted out, remaining parts can be ordered from Digikey.I am going to put order for 10 pairs of matched JFETs tomorrow,kindly confirm your participation for the kit.
PS: I don't know the final cost but it should be within RS 3000/-

Regards,
Sachin

Yes I am in for it. What about getting a bundle of source selectors like: Stereo selector switch and a bundle of 50 or 100K volume pots like ALPS Blue RK50: ALPS - Products Line. The 50K appears to be a quad unit though.

Edit: These may also suit: 12mm Size Insulated Shaft Snap-in Type RK12L Series

-G0bble

Last edited:
Hi Gobble,
Alps would be better.

Regards,
Sachin

You mean for stereo selector too? Thats fine.

I edited my original post with a link to RK50 and others instead of a 100K pot. Audiophiles tend to use 10K or 50K don't they?

--G0bble

Thats a 10K pot. Does a 10K pot imply an input impedance of 10K? In that case I will take a 25K or 50K pot please.

Thanks
Edit: Oink!
If you put a buffer in front of a volume control, the control's low impedance looks like high impedance. If you put a buffer after a volume control, it makes the output impedance much lower. You can put buffers before and after a volume control if you want.

So whats this implementation going to be like?

PS: How about dual mono volume pots? Gives us some flexibility.. and it is useful as a L+R balance control for A/B comparison of dual mono recorded tracks with different IC's/Caps/Speaker Wires in L and R channel and also to fine tune the speaker imaging. Good for audiophool tinkering :eek:hyeah:

Edit: Please order a pair each of single gang 10K and 50K pots for me (if its possible to use them as balance control), I will swap out and in and experiment. And if these are only approximating a Log taper, I would prefer a linear pot. Else a dual gang 10K and 50K pot.

--G0bble

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back