Pathetic experience @ DNI Home Theatre, Bellandur, Bangalore

Desert Fox

Well, here's the story:

Paid for a pair of Boston Acoustics A26 speakers and was promised a delivery date of 3-4 days. Took a whole month and still the speakers didn't arrive. They didn't have to courtesy of informing me of the status and the reasons for delay, I had to keep calling to find out and they kept giving false ETAs. Eventually, I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. You'd think that for failure to meet on the timeline that they had themselves provided, they would refund the whole amount and maybe add an apology. Well, high hopes! Forget about an apology, they refunded the money after deducting 750 as bank transaction charges. So basically I paid 750 for trusting them to fulfill my order on time, which it seems was too much to ask for. Thank you DNI, especially Umesh, for a wonderful buying (almost) experience. Some customer orientation you guys have!!

Sujoy

One month time for delivering speakers :sad: ... Am happy that you got your refund, but feel sad that you lost 750 Rs....

If you are looking to place order for BA 26, try hifimart.com... They are more reliable & no Non-sense... I have bought many products from them & a happy customer....

^ Even sending this thread link on their email is also good option, so that they think before doing all this BS and keep in mind about it in future.

Its quite unfortunate. I had a very good experience buying from them. The demo rooms were very good. They were very patient with the demo for around 2 hrs. Then I enquired about the stock, they were readily available. Next day I paid the amount and myself took the delivery there itself. All in all, was quite smooth. These were for the Dali speakers.
I think the point of contact was Mr.Manoj. So different experiences, have to be vary.

When I was there a month back, I had a mixed experience. The person there was pretty patient and was demo-ing what I wanted and where I wanted(in one of the many rooms that they have). But, they were favoring particular brands more than others which I found annoying.

I have not purchased anything big from them except for some banana plugs.
I visited there three/four times for the audition and the experience was good and they were very patient and co-operative . They even allowed me to compare my speaker with the one that i intend to buy .

That'd be the case with any dealer...any trade for that matter. They are there to make money and they'll push where they have the biggest margins. I've seen TV guys push one brand bad-mouthing the other, Brokers push one brand of MF/insurance coz they have a bigger commission...heck...a doctor would prescribe an MRI for a wrist pain!!!

When they see a customer with a small budget (as per their yardstick), they'll try to maximise their profits. Like someone observed, its only when he has deep pockets, they'll start talking...and even then, if the customer is not very savvy with AV, they'll hawk him bling...that's not pardonable but understandable...

However, taking the money and not delivering...and ice it up with deducting from the refund on some trumped up logic is absolutely unacceptable...you should've taken them to court...but sadly your time is much more important than the 750 bucks they have and that's the point they take advantage of...

We at HFV are a huge number, can we not think of something that gets us united and helps fellow members in times such as these? I'm sure there are many here who are knowledgeable in such matters. A united front would definitely deter dealers from acting with such impunity...

My rant...nuff said

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments.

It's so frustrating to see that even a hifi dealer can be so unprofessional and lack basic courtesies of treating a customer. That's supposed to be the luxury segment where customer service should be paramount! But I guess I'll need to buy the Focal Utopias on display in order to get some professional treatment.

Anyway, even thought the experience was sour, I learnt some valuable lessons:
1) Keep your expectations low. Less chance of getting disappointed.
2) Customer is definitely not king. He might get lucky sometimes, but a bad experience is just round the corner.
3) Don't be surprised if you have a better shopping experience from the nearby kirana store than from the large retailers.

I hope you guys don't have such an experience. However, if you do, know that you are not alone. :)

Thanks,
Sujoy

PS: I bought the speakers from hifimart and that went well. Phew!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back