Peculiar issue when using SPDIF audio output to Stereo receiver

matazooma

Dear FMs,

I am facing a peculiar issue when connecting my integrated amplifier Marantz PM 6006 to my TV LG 55C8.
The issue being if I use TV apps like Amazon prime, Amazon music, Spotify audio output of the TV to PM6006 through optical cable I get only hissing sound from the speakers. If I use youtube app then I get proper audio from my speakers. If I connect ifi Zen blue DAC to pm6006 through optical input and play from my mobile I am getting the audio.
Surpassingly if I connect the optical output from TV to AV receiver Marantz nr1509 then I am able to get audio through all the apps - YouTube, Spotify, Amazon music, etc.

I have checked and confirmed that there is no loose connection anywhere. Can anyone shed more light on this strange scenario.?

Dear FMs,

I am facing a peculiar issue when connecting my integrated amplifier Marantz PM 6006 to my TV LG 55C8.
The issue being if I use TV apps like Amazon prime, Amazon music, Spotify audio output of the TV to PM6006 through optical cable I get only hissing sound from the speakers. If I use youtube app then I get proper audio from my speakers. If I connect ifi Zen blue DAC to pm6006 through optical input and play from my mobile I am getting the audio.
Surpassingly if I connect the optical output from TV to AV receiver Marantz nr1509 then I am able to get audio through all the apps - YouTube, Spotify, Amazon music, etc.

I have checked and confirmed that there is no loose connection anywhere. Can anyone shed more light on this strange scenario.?

There is an option to set optical output to PCM/Auto. You need to change it to Auto if its on PCM.

P.S - I spent a good hour scratching my head when I faced a similar issue in the past :)

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back