Pen drive displays empty in Onida dvd player

anibiswas

Hi, I have purchased a Onida DVD player with USB support. I have a Transcend 8 GB pen drive. I have copied few movies with .avi format. Now when I try to view the movie, the dvd player shows the pen drive as empty.
I have format-ed the pen drive in FAT 32 and NTFS. Non of them worked.
Whereas, the movie files are .avi files. And Onida DVD Player supports .AVI files.
On the other hand if I copy those .avi filesin dvd disk then DVD Playerisable to play the movie.
Did any one face such issues? Please let me know how to resolve this.
Thanks

check what file system your player supports. NTFS support is not common.

Also, it is possible that player doesn't support drive more than 4 GB.

so test with 4 GB + FAT 32 file system.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
But the file system of pen drive is Fat 32 and it supports 8 GB.
I tested it with one of my friends pen drive and it worked.
The only difference is mine is transcend and his is kingston.
I have .avi files in my Pen drive and the same files i have in my dvd disk. DVD disk is working. I mean I can view the movies but in pen drive i cannot. It simply displays "Empty".

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Hi Anibiswas,
Welcome aboard the same boat as I am on right now.
I'm also facing exactly the same problem with my Transcend 8GB with Oppo 980 DVD player. See the link below to my thread.
Is it an issue only with avi files or all file types in general?

My observations with my dvd player are:
1. Same files when saved on 4gb card are played by the player.
2. Same pen drive plays on a Philips DVD player.
3. A forum member has confirmed that 8gb pen drive plays on his Oppo 980.
4. I have to get a 8bg pen drive from a friend and try it on my dvd player.
Seems like they are just not made for each other :sad:
http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-dvd-players-dvd-hard-disk-recorders/9558-oppo-980-not-able-play-8gb-pendrive.html

I have a Buffalo 160 GB fat32 drive which works fine with my BD player. I have played mkv, avi and they have worked fine.

@anibiswas did you try a "complete formatt" or did a quick formatt??? try a complete formatt

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
But the file system of pen drive is Fat 32 and it supports 8 GB.
I tested it with one of my friends pen drive and it worked.
The only difference is mine is transcend and his is kingston.
I have .avi files in my Pen drive and the same files i have in my dvd disk. DVD disk is working. I mean I can view the movies but in pen drive i cannot. It simply displays "Empty".

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

If your DVD player can play divx files, you can rename the avi files as .divx. I have tried this method and I am able to play the video clips in my Samsung DVD player. Give it a try.:)

No luck........ :(
I formatted (full format not quick format) in Fat 32, renamed the file....... still the same result...... The Pen Drive shows empty in Onida DVD Player.

Since it is reading exactly the same movies/files from a kingston pen drive, I think your Onida is not interpolating with your Transcend Pen Drive....
Keep the Transcend Pen drive for other use & buy a kingston pen drive for watching movies through the Onida... That would be the best solution, instead of you losing hair & sleep figuring out why transcend is not able to do so...
Just my 25p worth of opinion.... :)

Thanks to all for all your valuable comments......... I have purchased a Kingston pen drive and its working fine.
So the previous Trascend pen drive is of no use now.... :(

Perhaps ONIDA dont supply enough power to Transend.

Congrats for the new "Working" pen drive.
I don't think this should be a reason. All standard USB ports can supply a max of 500mA current. Unless, of course, the Onida Dvd player as well as my Oppo 980 (I'm also facing exactly the smae problem with transcend 8gb pendrive) both do not have a USB port complying with the current specs.

Anyway, I'm still helpless:sos:

Now I am facing the same problem with my Onida Atom DVD player 5522. It was working perfectly with my 2GB Transcend pen drive. However, yesterday I bought a 4GB Transcend which it shows empty. Same files work perfectly in 2GB pen drive. Don' know what to do. Any firmware upgrade for DVD player may help probably???

Onida & FW upgrade?They dont provide usually any option.3rd party if available online may work.

Hi,

If any body still having this problem, here is a solution that worked for me:

1. Download "Recovery Tool" from http://www.transcendusa.com/ specifying your pen drive model number,
2. Install and run Recovery tool while pen drive is connected to your PC/laptop,
3. Choose the option of performing a "complete recovery with erasing all old data in pen drive".

Note: Don't forget to backup your data if any in pen drive before performing recovery operation as it will erase all data stored in your pen drive.

Hope this helps:)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back