PEOPLE GONE CRAZY? its time to refresh.....

drkavint

when i entered hifivision 4 months back, i had learned many new tech. words, real prices of tv, ht, speakers, brands trustability services etc...
was glad to see people like prankey who worked for group buy with beautiful bargains...
nowadays hifi has become too costly with people looking for huge profit..
example
1. a guy wanted to sell used onkyo 608 for 30k... because of facts hifivision thought me, i skipped and bought new 508 for 22k.
2. i just saw a post another person who is selling 6900 bluray for 19,000...
i got 6900+ 5 bluray disk+ 3d megamind bluray disk+ 2 blutooth 3d glasses for 20,000..
3. in another post hts onkyo , one year old tall boy speaker was offered at 30,000. but new i bought for 23,000
4. blu ray discs are offered at 1000- 2000 rupees, iam able to get disk for 300 rupees( less titles available), playable in region c player.
JUST ADDING NOTE..
please don't misguide new members to high prices... if ur interested to sell at profit use e bay/ other sites.. i want this forum to be very useful for beginners to buy items at very low cost or at least very reasonable price...
over pricing above market price will spoil the efforts of persons like prankey( he got best deal for ps51d5500 tv, still unbeatable by any one) and those who use this forum to help new comers....
i just know less than 10% knowledge about audio- video technology, yet out of 10% this forum has thought me 9.999999%.. i want to nourish the forum not like it to be a market place.... hope all members agree.. sorry i did not mean to hurt any one but want the hardwork of some people to be appreciated...

+1 to your thoughts.

when i entered hifivision 4 months back, i had learned many new tech. words, real prices of tv, ht, speakers, brands trustability services etc...
was glad to see people like prankey who worked for group buy with beautiful bargains...
nowadays hifi has become too costly with people looking for huge profit..
example
1. a guy wanted to sell used onkyo 608 for 30k... because of facts hifivision thought me, i skipped and bought new 508 for 22k.
2. i just saw a post another person who is selling 6900 bluray for 19,000...
i got 6900+ 5 bluray disk+ 3d megamind bluray disk+ 2 blutooth 3d glasses for 20,000..
3. in another post hts onkyo , one year old tall boy speaker was offered at 30,000. but new i bought for 23,000
4. blu ray discs are offered at 1000- 2000 rupees, iam able to get disk for 300 rupees( less titles available), playable in region c player.
JUST ADDING NOTE..
please don't misguide new members to high prices... if ur interested to sell at profit use e bay/ other sites.. i want this forum to be very useful for beginners to buy items at very low cost or at least very reasonable price...
over pricing above market price will spoil the efforts of persons like prankey( he got best deal for ps51d5500 tv, still unbeatable by any one) and those who use this forum to help new comers....
i just know less than 10% knowledge about audio- video technology, yet out of 10% this forum has thought me 9.999999%.. i want to nourish the forum not like it to be a market place.... hope all members agree.. sorry i did not mean to hurt any one but want the hardwork of some people to be appreciated...

As more members join the forum, there is for sure a possibility that there will be few selected who tries to make some profit. It is being addressed in the thread for new moderator.
Sometimes, a model purchased an year ago will be available for half price at the time it is being re-sold. So if owners don't check the current market price, they could end up asking more price than te market rate.
We all need to keep in mind that any items listed in for sale thread won't be the best deal available. Its always good to do some research before buying. I have seen some ads here which were from the look of it good deals; but when I did a search in the forum itself, I could see the items were originally purchased for even lesser price and had some defects etc.

Well said drkavint.....
Forum members shouldn't hesitate to point out if some thing goes wrong....

agree to most of the points raised here - but not all of it

There may be some who want to make a profit but as Deepak pointed out, there is a lot of fluctuation in pricing so the seller may not be really aware of the fall in pricing. There is no harm in pointing out to the seller without getting abusive.

You got you BD in a deal because you shelled out almost a 1 lac for a 3D television - so that is an unfair pricing to compare

agreed mostly. But think this way: can we really resist someone from selling at his own price, I guess not. This fact is reflected in the sell section, there are many equipments on offer but unfortunately most of them are overpriced

a few points:
1. If one buys an eqp. at a higher rate than what can be, then its his issue and that should not passed to a fellow member.
2. I never say a word in the sell section as that might offend the seller, even though I think (or for that matter many members here) I have a reasonable idea what should be its cost
3. Misinterpretations are in abundance, an eqp. if hardly used for two years does not become "MINT", I fail to understand how a product (which is easily available in the market) can be sold at 80% of the price after 6 months of use.
4. The best description about an electronic product is usage hours and that is hardly seen.
5. Many a times to get rid of something "upgrade" reasoning is cited which is quite misleading.

All in all we are not helping each other in this way. But having said so can we put some restrictions? I guess not.

Instead why can't we have an auction do see how much members are willing to spend. The seller can keep an undisclosed Reserve (like ebay) based on that either he sells it or withdraws it. It has couple of positive points: firstly we all come to know how much is the current price, secondly the owner gets a pretty good idea about the prospect, thirdly the owner is not obliged to sell it. The reserve will be only with the Moderator only and we all trust him, don't we?

Arnab

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back