Personal listening Amplified. Review of Headphone amplifier by Lyrita Audio.

subhobh

Personal listening Tube Amplified. Small review of Headphone amplifier by Delhi based Lyrita Audio.

I just got an opportunity to audition the Delhi Based Lyrita Audios latest product - Tube soundstage headphone amplifier. I am personally much more into headphone listening where you have actually get lesser amplification and hence lesser chance to lose the details, but there quality of components plays a great role! So its actually easy to get the weakest note of music and also easy to lose as well.

We have gathered at Viren Bakhshis studio to review the product. The product looks like a small cute wooden box, and the tube on the top of it and finally the big volume control knob in front of it. It requires a wall outlet power source (hence not mobile) and there is an audio unbalanced RCA line input and a stereo 3.5mm headphone jack out for your headphone entry. The heart of the amplifier is a 6N6P tube and an EZ80 rectifier. The audio diagram has been completely made by the brand owner Viren.

We have paired it up with Marantz CD5002 cd player. And for an output source we have used a nice pair of an old German make Headphone.
While auditioning it with couple of with Jazz CD tracks I felt the there is an immediate improvement of Dynamics and Transparency. The notes produced by deferent instruments become more prominent and there is a layering become audible between deferent instruments. The weakest notes present on the tracks become little more prominent. Now on the couple of vocal based tracks improvement of resolution and transparency was quite clear. And there is one more factor, if you are into loud music listening then you will get an opportunity to pump it up more as compare to the normal headphone volume. However, at the same time I believe it also requires a good audio source (such as Audio Cd and a good CD player and uncompressed digital audio with a good quality DAC) and at the end level a good pair of headphone. So your headphone should be well capable to handle the input. So in that way I felt it should play a role of a bridge between the music source and your power hungry headphone. Though Music listening is subjective to the personal listening preference, still I would like to say the product worth auditioning. Also forgot to mention that everywhere there was the very flavor of tube (if you are fond of that!).............

Happy Listening to all!:)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back