Personal music player

M

mpw

Hi

What is a good PMP but portable in a Rs 3000 range. ?

Something small enough to fit into the pocket while jogging...

I see Transcend or Sony Walkman on Amazon.in

Are they any good ?

Regards
Mpw

Hi,

Unfortunately, a couple of reliable & portable products, like, FiiO M3 & SanDisk Clip Plus are discontinued & both are in your budget. I have the M3; used only while travelling. It can handle lossless files too, like FLAC & WAV. I got that recently from OLX. Pretty decent player with latest firmware. If you are lucky, you may find one too. Do give a try.

If not, if you want a basic player which can even handle high res files, you may take a look at FiiO X1 2nd gen. Slightly over your budget, but, has nice reviews around. I'm sure it would be a good buy.

Thanks!

Last edited:
No.. It just hung up.

Out of warranty

HPZ don't have any service.. Even chargable

Origin is the new distributor and they will rather sell the new version at 2x price rather than repair..

I see..sad. Yes, just looked up their site, they are located in Malad West, Mumbai. You may try :)

I asked that as I remember reading this piece from their website when I updated the firmware. If the device had the initial firmware, the mid versions should be installed & then, the latest. I followed it. Direct installation of latest would make the device inoperable.

Anyway, good luck for your next find :)

Any experience with Sony Walkman or Transcend ?
Long back ;) But once you start out with some hidden gem performers, you wont feel like going back to those names which doesnt offer the best at its price sound. Sonys current cheap walkmans(under 25k) are inferior in sound compared to FiiO, Cayin, xduoo and so on. I really dont see a reason to go behind those brands if they are not giving anything special. Yes one thing is there, the brand value which they built out of older products if that matters!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back