• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Petite Onken 414 & 802D ( 16ohms) with wooden horns

AV Cables
Status
Not open for further replies.

srinisundar

For Sale : Petite Onken boxed with Altec 414 & 802D (16 ohms) with beautifully carved Wooden horns by Sri.Viren and cross over with built with russian capacitors of Jelabs design.

Price : 2 Lacs.. Yes it is a fancy price with an audiophile tag. If taken for quoted price and i will add another stuff which is an priced possession which will keep the buyer double happy.

Is it a distress sale : NO... Just giving way for the next project if it got sold or else it will be moved to other place.

Selling my priced possession which i am holding and enjoying for last few years. Beautifully and exactly built as per the Specification without any deviation and sound perfectly for me and at-least for few others who have heard it. As everybody knows it will be ultimate for the music and movies for any kind of music from oldest to latest genre.

Specification : Any Altec lover or already researched audiophile will know the spec and don't want to exaggerate on this.

I have couple of tube amplifiers made with 2A3 / 45 / GM70 and anybody wish to have demo, i am happy to welcome home.. Not for buying, just for hearing too.

Photos with HFV handle below and have given some youtube links playing the same for hearing pleasure.

Youtube link One

Youtube link 2

altec1.jpeg

altec2.jpeg altec3.jpeg altec4.jpeg altec5.jpeg altec6.jpeg altec1.jpeg altec2.jpeg altec3.jpeg altec4.jpeg altec5.jpeg altec6.jpeg

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.
Reactions: Sen

mohamednaseer

Hi,
I heard srini's altech setup many times and sound was very impressed and bigger Imaging and soundstage.
This setup was tuned many times to reach its maximum and perfect tonality and dynamics.If anyone has interest to setup altech this is an
great opportunity to buy and save "some years of work and effort".All altech owners knows how much time and effort need to get drivers,prober box and crossovers .This was perfect matching setup and getting without any effort.

Kannan

I invited myself to Srini sir's house two days back and spent almost 2 hours with him. A truly passionate gentleman who has obviously spent long hours in fine tuning his setup. His plethora of tube amps, the two imposing and well built Altecs, the large movie screen and the multitude of tubes he has and also probably keeps rolling was a treat to watch.
I actually found myself in a mini theater and a director who was critical of every aspect of his setup.

The storage in his NAS is loaded with mouth watering very very high quality content which is the most critical part to relish good equipment and bring the best out of it. The DAC he told me is a Bryston make.

I was not too impressed with the first tube amp he played with, but the whole experience went many levels up after he switched to a different tube amp which had some vintage high quality tubes in it.

We listened to a mix of quite a few songs and also watched some movie clips and video songs. Imaging is spot on, there was good clarity to the dialogues in the movies and I hardly ever missed the center channel; with good recordings, even the surround effect was prominent, which speaks high of his achievement with the Altecs.
The strength was really in the midrange in music. Though the speakers do not dig very low, the bass was clean and taut and held its own even during demanding movie passages.
The highs can be tweaked to the listener's taste as the horn loaded tweeters can be placed and positioned according to the room need. The tweeter section offers (I presume it is a variable slope control) to either increase or decrease the roll off, or maybe it is a simple attenuation control to adjust the SPL of the upper mids and highs. This control is especially good for using the same setup with both movies and music.

Overall it was an enriching experience and I am sure Srni sir will be letting go of these speakers with a heavy heart, such is the man's passion.

Good luck with your sale sir.

CLEARCUT

Gorgeous to look must be good in audition too. Finding time to come and auditiin. Hats off to your passion and generosity in invitation

srinisundar

I had a Very good time with the Petite Onken with an unbeatable musical combination of Altec 414/802D with Jelabs Modified cross over so far and for sure i will be missing her soon..In one week......

This system has consumed more of precious time of Mr.Rajiv / Mr.Naseer / Mr.Rajagopal and this could not be made without their support .

I had a lot of visitors to my house on seeing the advt. and no doubt they are very impressed with the sound.. Happy to note most of the persons before coming told they are out of budget but they want to hear the music of Altec, since they never had an opportunity to hear this in petite Onken enclosure. They enjoyed the same for sure.. Also i made lot of friends on these occasions.

Had an opportunity to meet an budding audiophile ( as he told like that, but not seems to be) and he had a lengthy listening time with Altec and he went back since doesn't have fund to buy that. But he picked the Isophon speaker later which suited his budget which is an another precious speaker which we will not get in India which will make ANY vintage or new bookshelves to dust...

The budding audiophile could not have an sleepless night after hearing the Altecs and he started daily pinging me for various things and atlast came back with an soft proposal for the Altecs...

Now the Altec is moving to an safe hands and good ears.

Regards

Srini

Status
Not open for further replies.