Petition to request DTH service Providers to Remove Watermark to prevent OLED Burn-in

KING DRANZER

Guys I have created a petition to request DTH service providers to remove the watermark or make it non static to prevent potential risk of burn-in.

As OLED TVs are being more widely adopted and their sales increasing steadily in India. DTH service providers should take a step towards resolving the issue with their static Watermark which is a great and ensured cause for burn in.

Here is the link to petition:

Thanking you,
KING DRANZER

Actually the onus is on the TV manufacturers to prevent burn in with respect to their panels.
Channels and operators will always put their logos for identification.

It is a very important anti piracy measure, to prevent unauthorised retransmission ....
Not gonna do anything man. Long proven and guess what. The international service providers of America, UK and Europe have removed that long ago. It is only India who is following that. So yeah. See there used to be coded number which used to pop from time to time on random corner. That my friend is lot more effective and very less risky to cause burn in. I am fine if service providers move back to that. But no this static logo has to go.

Make it non static. Or pop up from time to time in a different corner. But no static Watermark is not an answer for that as that leads to OLED burn-in for sure. If we get burn-in due to that you tell me who is gonna pay for replacement. I bet DTH service provider will not.

Actually the onus is on the TV manufacturers to prevent burn in with respect to their panels.
Channels and operators will always put their logos for identification.
Channels having Logo is fine. Because when we switch channels the Logo changes and so it is not static. So risk of burn is much less that way. Different logo with different colors gonna have much less wear or even wear compared to a static logo. And as it changes the pixels get refreshed.

But DTH service providers use static Logo which does not change spot. And remains static. That will burn the Pixels unevenly and cause the burn-in. As there is no break for pixels to refresh.

If you’re watching DTH for long enough to cause burn-in, you shouldn’t use an OLED.

Get a cheap LCD for cable use and use OLED for movies and TV shows. This way you’ll also have two TVs.

If you’re watching DTH for long enough to cause burn-in, you shouldn’t use an OLED.

Get a cheap LCD for cable use and use OLED for movies and TV shows. This way you’ll also have two TVs.
Nah man. We watch movies and TV on single TV. No dedicated HT room. Got living room setup. No extra room to turn that into HT. Not oly me but that goes for majority. Even upper middle class can easily afford OLED TVs now. It is not as expensive as it was 3-4yrs ago. And sales for OLED has been increasing by a good amount year by year in India. Majority of the buyers specifically 55" and 65" be using them as regular TV. Even 77" is not big enough to be considered into dedicated HT setup(argument can be made).

Nah man. We watch movies and TV on single TV. No dedicated HT room. Got living room setup. No extra room to turn that into HT. Not oly me but that goes for majority. Even upper middle class can easily afford OLED TVs now. It is not as expensive as it was 3-4yrs ago. And sales for OLED has been increasing by a good amount year by year in India. Majority of the buyers specifically 55" and 65" be using them as regular TV. Even 77" is not big enough to be considered into dedicated HT setup(argument can be made).
I have just put my OLED in bedroom and will be getting an LCD TV for the living room.

If you put an OLED in living room to watch DTH, be prepared for the consequences.

I have just put my OLED in bedroom and will be getting an LCD TV for the living room.

If you put an OLED in living room to watch DTH, be prepared for the consequences.
That shouldn't be the case. When DTH providers in other countries removed that long time ago. Why can't Indian service providers do.

Xiaomi Pro Series fills in this bracket nicely with all the HDR features, however they max out by 55" .

Guys I have created a petition to request DTH service providers to remove the watermark or make it non static to prevent potential risk of burn-in.

As OLED TVs are being more widely adopted and their sales increasing steadily in India. DTH service providers should take a step towards resolving the issue with their static Watermark which is a great and ensured cause for burn in.

Here is the link to petition:

Thanking you,
KING DRANZER
Which oled tv u got? you tried warranty claim?

Which oled tv u got? you tried warranty claim?
No this is not based on a specific case. But am bringing it up in general.

Neither LG nor SONY and now even SAMSUNG cover Burn-in in India. LG does on their G2 and now on G3 in other parts of the world. Even in Japan and China. But not in India. Seriously China. What is LG India doing. I bet if needed it will not even release G3 in India just to skip all this nonsense. Even if it releases it wont provide 5Yrs Panel Warranty.

So the current manufacturers are taking no precautions against this? That is hard to believe. Yes this was a concern in the earlier models. Is it still a concern even in newer models?

MaSh

So the current manufacturers are taking no precautions against this? That is hard to believe. Yes this was a concern in the earlier models. Is it still a concern even in newer models?

MaSh
It is more of an issue or limitation of technology. But to be honest manufacturers have come a long way. Like now the logos of Channels themselves are no more of an issue. As when we change channel be it after few hours as the Logo changes the color and shape of the logo changes the individual pixels relax. That reduces the risk of burn in and the half life of the panel increases.

But if a Logo is present which is static and does not change the location at all and is up all the time. Like the DTH Logos. Then that will lead to burnin for sure. That is region specific issue. As service providers internationally have removed their brand logos long time ago.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back