Philips 15GA242 TT Service Manual

musiklava79

Hi folks!

I'm back after a long, long hiatus, although I did occasionally visit the forum as a guest.

I've noticed a few enquiries for the Philips GA242 TT Service Manual in the past. I own a similar model which suffered a mishap and needs restoration.

Recently I managed to get hold of a Service Manual for the 242 TT from a radio technician and this gentleman very kindly allowed me to Xerox a copy of it.

If any member is interested in a copy of this Manual in PDF format, please PM me your email ID and I'll send it ASAP.

I'm not reproducing this Manual here for obvious reasons as I do not want to contravene any copyright laws, if any......

Size of PDF documents : 14.7 MB

Hi folks!

I'm back after a long, long hiatus, although I did occasionally visit the forum as a guest.

I've noticed a few enquiries for the Philips GA242 TT Service Manual in the past. I own a similar model which suffered a mishap and needs restoration.

Recently I managed to get hold of a Service Manual for the 242 TT from a radio technician and this gentleman very kindly allowed me to Xerox a copy of it.

If any member is interested in a copy of this Manual in PDF format, please PM me your email ID and I'll send it ASAP.

I'm not reproducing this Manual here for obvious reasons as I do not want to contravene any copyright laws, if any......

Request send the service manual for 15GA242 Philips at my email
[email protected]

Thanks

@ mavi

Would appreciate a proper e-mail ID. You've given everything in Caps so I'm not sure if you'll get the Service Manual.

Hello musiklava79,
I'm new to the forum. Its wonderful to read views of like minded people on the forum. I happen to own a GA 242. Could you please send me the pdf copy of manual to [email protected].That would be of great help.

Regards,
Partha

Hi folks!

Hello. i am looking for repairing my old GA 242 TT. Could you please forward the pdf copy of service manual to me at [email protected].

Thanks in Advance .

Hello.
I am Shree from Pune. I tinker around on vintage Spool recorders and turntables. Currently I am restoring a GA 242 to working condition. I have it running. @33.33 is ok but 45 speed slows down. Could you please share a copy of the GA 242 manual ?
I am also looking for a suitable MM cartridge and stylus for the same. If some one could shed some light on this upgrade I would highly appreciate that. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
/Shree

my email id: [email protected]

Hi Shree.

There are presets for adjusting both 33 and 45 rpm speeds individually.
See if adjusting the proper preset helps.

Some time back had tinkered with a 242 myself and made a note of which preset was which...take a look.

If you mean the 45 goes slow after some time then maybe cleaning the preset with IPA or replacing it would help.

IMG_0753_small.jpg

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back