Philips 5.1 hts5530

Hi,
i am planning to buy Philips hts5530 home theatre by this weekend.

I have a doubt, many dvd/blu ray players has 5.1 analog out in the rear side, so why do we need AVR to get 5.1 sound.
if we connect the speakers 5 and 1 woofer directly to the blu ray/dvd players 5.1 analog out, we will get the 5.1 sound or not?
if no means then why do the dvd/blu ray players are having 5.1 analog out?

And plz tell me the difference between RMS WATTS AND PMPO WATTS?
I noticed that mitashi 5.1 hts has total 16000watts and philips hts 5530 has only total 1000RMS watts, where it varies? Which 1 is best with surround sound...

And plz post the pictures of philips hts5530's dvd and woofer's (rear connectivity points photo).

Thanks in advance

Not all DVDs and BDPs have analog 5.1 out. For 5.1 sound you will need an amp with coaxial/optical or hdmi inputs.

philips has only a coaxial input for sound.if your tv/media player has a different out for sound like optical,you may have to buy a converter in addition.

Even if the BDP or DVDP has 5.1 out, which is extremely rare, they will be pre-amp outputs. You still need a 5 channel power amp and active subwoofer to get the sound.

PMPO is pure hogwash just like dynamic contrast ratio. There is no scientific method of measurement. RMS is the only unit one should go along with.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back