Philips 5550 OR Onkyo 3300

Preference would be Music!

Cheers

Hello friends!

Can someone please suggest which one would be a better buy

Cheers

For music both are not so good. You better buy a stereo/integrated amp with sub option and a pair of bookshelf speakers.

With your budget you can go for norge and topping amps and bookshelf speakers there are tons of brands available.. What kind a music u listen to ?

Hello friends!

Can someone please suggest which one would be a better buy

Cheers

For your kind of Music go in anything with a active sub and bookshelf speakers...but at 25k I doubt u will manage everything

for Movies 3300 does a descent job ! u might also look at denon 390

@infrisk

i am also agree to kittu1977 & captrajesh suggestions....
if music is the priority then go for stereo setup....
audition some combos(like amp: norge, topping, craftel marantz & NAD; speakers : wharf, quad, moniter audio) with in you budget and choose accordingly to your liking...

Thanks to all! I am considering my options..

From what i have learned from HFV is that "Dont buy any audio equip without auditioning!" So far during my visits of various shops places in town(Bangalore), i unfortunately havent seen most of these brands(Norge, Craftel...). I am trying to find places where i can go check out them. Any pointers will surely help me :)

I had set myself a deadline of 30th Dec (new year, new system you know :)), it doesnt look feasible now....

Thanks to all! I am considering my options..

From what i have learned from HFV is that "Dont buy any audio equip without auditioning!" So far during my visits of various shops places in town(Bangalore), i unfortunately havent seen most of these brands(Norge, Craftel...). I am trying to find places where i can go check out them. Any pointers will surely help me :)

I had set myself a deadline of 30th Dec (new year, new system you know :)), it doesnt look feasible now....

Craftel you can find only in chennai.

Norge try with Vector systems on brigade road(next to Eva mall).

If nothing works, buy a topping amp from ebay for around 4-5k and audition some good speakers (CA, Wharf etc) and within 15-20k you will have an excellent system. For a regular room the bass should be sufficient with this setup

So its done now. After much of thinking, planning, researching(thanks to HFV), my curiosity, eagerness, impatience, evil took over. :)

I have got the Onkyo HTS 3300. Plan is to top it up with some good book shelves couple of months down the line. That way i believe i will have a decent enough system for Movie + Music.

For now, its working great with my Bravia NX500. Next is to get an HD DTH. It may be Tata Sky, i heard they are launching some new version in next few days. My current DTH provided by cable guy does not have a HDMI port and i cant out 5.1 to the Onkyo.

I connected my Lenove T400 to LCD(using VGA) and to Receiver via the audio stereo cable. Will be getting an external graphics card for it soon so that i can get 5.1 channel output. I believe that is the best way to play the movies which are on my Seagate.

Also considering buying a DVD player, someone suggested Pioneer. Not wanting to spent a fortune on BlueRay.

Thats the plan for now! :) I can definately use some inputs from the members!

Thanks HFV. If not this forum, i might hav ended up buying something which could make me regret later!

Have a great 2011
Cheers!

Hi,

Congrats on your new buy.

I am also intrested in buying Onkyo HTS 3300. Kindly inform from where you brought the same and weather any auditioning facility is there in this store?

Brought HTS 3300 yeasterday and connected my system comprising of Philips DVD player with HDMI and USB and Philips TV.

Initial impressions :

Set-up is a breeze with all colour coded cables and terminals provided by Onkyo. Sounds great and a good VFM. Yet to play with different settings and calibrations.

My sincere thanks to Infirsk and HFV for all the help and valuble inputs.

Regards

R R Prakash

So its done now. After much of thinking, planning, researching(thanks to HFV), my curiosity, eagerness, impatience, evil took over. :)

I have got the Onkyo HTS 3300. Plan is to top it up with some good book shelves couple of months down the line. That way i believe i will have a decent enough system for Movie + Music.

For now, its working great with my Bravia NX500. Next is to get an HD DTH. It may be Tata Sky, i heard they are launching some new version in next few days. My current DTH provided by cable guy does not have a HDMI port and i cant out 5.1 to the Onkyo.

I connected my Lenove T400 to LCD(using VGA) and to Receiver via the audio stereo cable. Will be getting an external graphics card for it soon so that i can get 5.1 channel output. I believe that is the best way to play the movies which are on my Seagate.

Also considering buying a DVD player, someone suggested Pioneer. Not wanting to spent a fortune on BlueRay.

Thats the plan for now! :) I can definately use some inputs from the members!

Thanks HFV. If not this forum, i might hav ended up buying something which could make me regret later!

Have a great 2011
Cheers!

If you haven't yet bought a DVD player try LG BD550 Blu-ray player. It is a decent player and the price comes around Rs.6,600/-. Apart from blu-ray discs it plays all dvd's and there is option for USB connection. It plays all files including MKV's. It also has an option for wired network connection though it is not Wi-fi.

Back