use in that player. I got this turntable with damaged cartridge . pls help

thanks and regards

Rajeevmurali

hai guys..

What about philips AF834 turntable? and please tell me which cartridge i can

use in that player. I got this turntable with damaged cartridge . pls help

thanks and regards

Rajeevmurali
Is there any number written on cartridge ? Can you post pics. I think mostly this turntable used universal headshell and cartridge. so you can use any standard EEI etc. magnetic cartridge.

no hiten... nothing on the cartridge.. can you expalin about universal cartridges which i can use with that....

thanks

Universal headshell like this...
just an example
KH4B.jpg

where you can remove the headshell from tone arm. And replace old cartridge with new. Mostly your cartridge's stylus pin may have been damaged, so you only need to replace stylus.
As I said a picture would be helpful.

you are great hiten!!!!!!!!!thanks a lottttt!!! tha picture you shown is the same in the instrument..the cartridge is broken and thus i have to go for a new one...which one is better do u think... can i use audio technica.... pls help

No I am not. Please dont embarrass me. :eek:
See if anyone in Kerala has old cartridge+stylus for this (EEI-700, EEI-100, EEI-400 etc.). That way you can check if rest of the turntable is OK or not then you can purchase brand new stylus from ebay etc.

Last edited:
sorry for the delay to reply hiten....thanks a lot.. the cartridge on the headshell is philips classic 700 and the cartridge is fully damaged... can i use audio technica AT91 instead of that? my friend having one spare.......

I guess so. If there is no big difference in cartridge height and weight. Make sure Left+right channels and ground are connected properly and stylus tip of new cartridge is of same distance from pivot of tonearm as the old one. I would recommend get professional help to fit the cartridge.

Hey guys, got the same tt for a song. Need your advice. Where can i get it professionally serviced in delhi? Its beyond me but the motor seems to be turning and even responds to speed control but the platter doesnt turn. I think the stylus is damaged but havent got there yet. Any tips and help will be highly appreciated.
Regards

Hi,
I have one AF834 with me with perfect condition . There is a rubber belt between motor and platter. that may be damaged.. The belt is available with "Newgramophone house , delhi . The address is 31-B, 1st Floor, Main Road, Pleasure Garden Market, Chandni Chowk, Delhi. Landmark: Opposite Moti Cinema, Phone: 23271524, 9810955557 . i think their website have some problem.(www.ngh.co.in). I use audiotechnica AT 91 cartridge, that sounds great.

Rajeev Murali

Thanks Mr Murali for the info. BTW, Do you think its worth getting repaired (since you own the same model) or shall i go in for a vintage dual 1009/lenco b52/technics 1200. How do you find the performance etc? What cart are you using? I dont know much about phono stuff, so please enlighten.

Hi all
Went to delhi for a week and gave it for repair to a mech named Kalaam in CR Park. Sadly, did not have the time to collect it from him. Pending task on next delhi visit.
Hey Mr Murali and other TT gurus, do advise whether I should go for a vintage dual, lenco or technics?

i have the same record player with a shure cartridge...since the rubber belt on my player has got torn, i am looking for a replacement...can you please tell me the circumference of the rubber drive belt so that i can buy the right size... thanks in advance

Hi all
Went to delhi for a week and gave it for repair to a mech named Kalaam in CR Park. Sadly, did not have the time to collect it from him. Pending task on next delhi visit.
Hey Mr Murali and other TT gurus, do advise whether I should go for a vintage dual, lenco or technics?

Hi Trittya,

It feels good to see a new post from you. Are you still in the erstwhile summer capital of the Government of Bengal?

jls (joshua) recently bought a Lenco for upgradation and may be able to say a lot on the subject. A well set up Dual (most models)is also a joy to hear. Although there are many Technics loyalists on this forum, I feel, at the risk of displeasing them, that not all Technics that are for sale India are in good condition.

Of course, if you are in the process of rebuilding/upgradation, the condition is not so material as the hidden potential of the make and model. Do you have any particular model/budget in mind? Since you are a Sonodyne loyalist, you could look for a good used turntable of this make also.

Regards.

Hi,

Nice to see people using the Phillips TT, i too have same model TT and it sounds great

iam planing to replace the cart with shure cart,

Hi all
Hi Trittya
I remember you when we had chatting on FB.I am happy to know that you are turning your interest in vinyl.Philips turn table is good in less price.most of the Philips turn tables are belt drive and idler drive.These turn table sounding good.Its mechanism is very simlpe and you can service yourself.You can get the true size of belt from the shop no 629 in Bhagirath palace near Chandni Chowk.If possit try to get 242 model of Philips.Thus is good turn table.If you need any cartridges and stylus I can give you because I have too many in my collections.
Classic 700 is good but try to get Shure m55 or 75 or 91ed.Shure 7d is good but difficult to find.All such cartridges can be mounted in Philips tt.Theae are mm cartridges

Hi Trittya
I remember you when we had chatting on FB.I am happy to know that you are turning your interest in vinyl.Philips turn table is good in less price.most of the Philips turn tables are belt drive and idler drive.These turn table sounding good.Its mechanism is very simlpe and you can service yourself.You can get the true size of belt from the shop no 629 in Bhagirath palace near Chandni Chowk.If possit try to get 242 model of Philips.Thus is good turn table.If you need any cartridges and stylus I can give you because I have too many in my collections.
Classic 700 is good but try to get Shure m55 or 75 or 91ed.Shure 7d is good but difficult to find.All such cartridges can be mounted in Philips tt.Theae are mm cartridges
Thanks for such wonderful information.Let me know if you are willing to sell any of the above mentioned Shure cartridges .I have Philips AF 834 and 242 fitted with Classic 700 and AT91 respectively but eager to hear the quality of Shure.Also lemme know if any vintage Pioneer,Technics,Cosmic is getting sold among the PMs.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back