philips amp 15 dh 898

ratna

hi, every one. i am new to the forum. i have dugged out an old philips amp model 15 dh 898, which uses BDV 64 b & C. AMP is in working condition. Plz let me know what is the power out put of the AMP and which speaker would go well with it.

hi, every one. i am new to the forum. i have dugged out an old philips amp model 15 dh 898, which uses BDV 64 b & C. AMP is in working condition. Plz let me know what is the power out put of the AMP and which speaker would go well with it.

:lol:
This must be 40 RMS per Channel amplifier (640 watt PMPO for both the channels) Black colour with in built Graphic equaliser having provision for connecting phonogram, Tape deck and Auxil. Better you go for 3 way speaker system using distribution network with 10''/12" bolton woofer , 6 inch bolton midrange and dome cone twitters of phillips.Since speakers shall be fixed in a box, Donot forget to isolate Midrange in a seperate enclosure within the box
You may take a trial with speakers at some shop selling ready made boxes.
wish you good luck!

Ravi Verma

Last edited:
thanks Ravi for the details. plz tell me will this amp work well with CD player? since it is sparingly used and quite old, shall i replace the components like the capacitors etc with new ones, will it improve the sound quality and out put? what should be the speaker impedence? i am having a three way speker coulum with Bolton drivers, but i feel that the sould out put is not so good, is it because of old components?

Hai,

Pleased to note that you had found one among the best class amp. I am using the same for the past 23 years...without any problem till date.

Originally philips released the matching speakers DH915 for this amp. No doubt, it is a perfect match for a room size of 20' x 20'. I do have this of course. But now both these are outdated.

I have a pair of 6 feet high box, which contains 1 x 15 inch woofer, 2 x 12 inch woofers from Bolton and one Ahuja Dome tweeter. It has been fixed on the walls.

Hope this is ok.

Regards,
vetri

please do not replace any parts unless it is not working.... it works well with all cd players, tuners, cassette players and even gramphone players too...

Can anyone of you tell me the replacement transistor number for Philips dh 898. IS IT TIP142 & TIP147???

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back