Philips CD 165 restoration!

rohitmusic

Hello Friends,

I need your help to restore our beloved CD player. It has served our family well and has given us countless hours of good music listening for many years! It is very special for us with lots of nostalgic memories. Most of you will understand this sentiment! It was part of our first sterio setup!

Unfortunately it is not functioning properly! :(

So I wanted to restore it if possible.

Here is a pic of the same:

2wfie5v.jpg

It was designed and developed in Holland

2mgsfx2.jpg

Unfortunately when I insert an CD it shows "NO DISK" error

5ca89h.jpg

n6cmqs.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Contact FM Hemantwaghe, as he has had quite a few of them over the years. He has lots of info on them.

It appears to be a lens issue, either needs cleaning(have you tried?) or replacement.

Last edited:
Thanks! Hope to get help from Hemant, dropping him a PM pointing to this thread.

Yes, I think it is lens issue. We tried some basic cleaning and seems it is lens issue only.

I owned this model many years back. It developed the same problem and then I gifted it to a friend of mine. He still uses it after getting the laser assembly replaced with a local one.

I still remember the thin small remote which in my opinion has been the most ergonomic and best remote which I have ever owned till date.

I owned this model many years back. It developed the same problem and then I gifted it to a friend of mine. He still uses it after getting the laser assembly replaced with a local one.

I still remember the thin small remote which in my opinion has been the most ergonomic and best remote which I have ever owned till date.

can you get assembly model no Doctor? will be great help for both

Hi Reuben,
Nice hearing from you! :)
Sure I wish it gets restored with help from fellow forum members. As of now I am just wishing it sings which will be nothing short of awesome!

There was an intent to but it never got restored due to some dependency on lenses I suppose.

Meanwhile a pioneer DVD player was put to duty which is being played at the moment.

Cheers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back