Philips DVP3310: Cannot change region code?

Raghav

I have a Philips DVP 3310 which is coded to Region 5. I have been trying to make region free but have not been successful. Methods tried

1. Open the empty DVD tray, enter from remote 789 OK 0.
2. Open the empty DVD tray, enter from remote 7890 OK.
3. Open the empty DVD tray, enter from remote 9789 OK 0.
4. Open the empty DVD tray, enter from remote 97890 OK.
5. Open the empty DVD tray, enter from remote 9999 OK 0.
6. Open the empty DVD tray, enter from remote 9990 OK.

7. Press "setup" on the remote. Then use down arrow key to reach preferences pane. then use right arrow key to enter preferences. then press 138931. Nothing happens.

Philips India insisted on trying the seventh option with the tray open. However, when the DVD tray is open it does not accept the "Setup" key. TV displays the message "menu cannot be opened". Hence number 7. I could do only with the DVD tray shut.

When DVD tray is open "menu" and "setup" buttons do not work. Also if tray is open it shuts as soon as "OK" is pressed.

Can anyone help me out with this problem. Have searched the net a lot to get these codes not of which worked.

Raghav

Opening the tray and keying 9999 followed by 0 shld work.

OR
WITH THE TRAY OPEN PUNCH IN 9, 8, 7, 9 FOLLOWED BY THE DESIRED REGION CODE ("0" FOR ALL REGIONS).
PRESS OK.

tried all 9999 and 9879 and 9789 followed by 0. absolutely no response.

when after the sequence i press OK the tray shuts back. Region does not change.

Opening the tray and keying 9999 followed by 0 shld work.

OR
WITH THE TRAY OPEN PUNCH IN 9, 8, 7, 9 FOLLOWED BY THE DESIRED REGION CODE ("0" FOR ALL REGIONS).
PRESS OK.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back