Please also see the expert reviews at hifi review sites whathifi.com, innerfidelity.com, soundvisionreview.com, headfonia.com and also tech sites like cnet and techradar and also headfi community reviews. You are unlikely to find any other headphones which are so universally lauded and where almost no one has given a bad review.
It is 32 Ohms so possible to drive with mobiles. However, I find that it responds very well to amping and better source. From iphone the sound output is loud enough but in some android phones the amplifier may not do justice to the dynamics of the cans (like my old LG g4).
I am selling it (along along with some others I have sold in recent past) as I am consolidating funds for a truly end-game product like focal clear/ audeze LCD series.
Ownership history: Bought in April 2017 from Amazon US. It was in the Used-Like new category
Age: Purchased April 2017, So only about an year old.
Warranty: Probably over.
condition: the item works perfectly and sounds incredible. The drivers and electronics have no issues and sing beautifully. The velour muffs have no damage. Cosmetically however, please note that the leather covering the metal support of the headband has come off in many places and has been re-glued. It is likely to come off again [see second pic. I was finding it difficult to click a pic of the inside of the band like keeping the required information (as per forum rules) in the same frame - so msg me if you want closeups of the inside of the band where the leather is coming off]. This has ofcourse no impact whatsoever in performance or even comfort - since your head rests on the suspended elastic/cloth band and not on the metal support. It also does not impact longevity as the leather is only for aesthetics - it is the metal band that provides the structure. However, unfortunately for me, it does impact the looks/sale price and therefore the price is kept low accordingly. Other than that, there are couple of minor (barely noticeable) scuffing on the metal edges surrounding the grills. If your emphasis is at audiophile quality price at a very low price - this is an unbeatable bargain. Recall that the MRP of the product is $400 (27k) (https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/X2_00/fidelio-fidelio-headphones/overview) and the sale price in Amazon is currently $329 (22k).
Accessories: No original box (discarded for customs reason). The headphones comes with a small booklet and a extra long braided cable and both are there. No storage/carry case is provided with the headphones. I have bought an extra large carbon fiber pattern storage case perfect for this headphones (which are very large) which I can provide at a nominal extra price
Expected Price: 8,000 (price is kept very low on account of the cosmetic issues pointed out above)
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.