Philips have two new BD players out in India

KDM

BDP7500 and BDP3000 costing Rs 25,990/- and Rs 16,990 respectively. They are available at ezone in Kolkata. I wasn't able to evaluate any of the players, because none of them were connected to TVs, but the Rs 25,000/- player looks to be well built - I would hope it performs as well as it looks.

very frustrating experience with philips dvdps. Lens need replacement after 6 months. Same exp with 2 of dvd players I got from philips. 5996 is still in the box as it has recently stopped playing dvds.

BDP7500 and BDP3000 costing Rs 25,990/- and Rs 16,990 respectively. They are available at ezone in Kolkata. I wasn't able to evaluate any of the players, because none of them were connected to TVs, but the Rs 25,000/- player looks to be well built - I would hope it performs as well as it looks.

i doubt these are new models ,i have seen them almost 6-8 months back @ stores and even did pick up the BDP 3000 as a second player about 6months back.

Philips BDP-3000 is in the shelves for a long time, infact it was the cheapest player till Sony S370 came into market. AFAIK currently Philips BDP-3000 price have come down to 8/8.5k as quoted at Modern World, Bangalore.

do they have wifi and support streaming?
Assuming you'er asking abbout the philips 3000

It has an Ethernet jack, you need to stick a USB at the BACK of player to store BD-Live content and for firmware upgrades.. prepare to flex your spine...

However, it can play digital media files stored on disc, including MP3 music, JPEG photos and DivX, AVC-HD and WMV video files. But it **won't** play MOV, MPEG4, WMV HD, MKV or DivX HD files. Not playing MKVs is a dealbreaker here.. :mad:

Btw, I think quickest way to answers for your questions is to lookup product page on their home page or look at a site like cnet and do a comparision if needed :)

does philips or sony BDP plays mkv through usb ?

Philips BD-3000 can play digital media files stored on disc, including MP3 music, JPEG photos and DivX, AVC-HD and WMV video files. But it **won't** play MOV, MPEG4, WMV HD, MKV or DivX HD files. Not playing MKVs is a dealbreaker here.. :mad:

Sony BD370 can play MKV too :eek:hyeah:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back