Philips Hi Q Reciever, speakers and Turntable

datwal

Hi

I am looking to buy a 80s PHILIPS HI Q Stereo System. This system had a Reciever with sliding controls for Bass and Treble, Acoustic suspention Speakers and a turntable.
I have an extensive collection of Vinyls and am dying to listen to their warm sound.
As a teenager in 80s I used to have an HMV 1010 record player, which produced very average sound and I remember a bakery shop in Lajpat Nagar market in Delhi used to play Boney M records on Philips Hi Q stereo sytem and i was just mesmerised by the sound and used to spend hours standing in front of the open corner shop listening to the warm clean sound
I would now want to buy this system if availaible anywhere in India

Thanks

Hi:

Welcome to HFV.

Said that, I know nothing about what you're asking, but just liked your nostalgic description.

:)

datwal,

Welcome here. I'm quite taken aback by the desire you so eloquently stated in your very first post. You are clearly a music lover first and I for one, welcome that with open arms in this forum. You are entering the hifivision world with a music first attitude and that will do wonders for you.

Though I don't know much about the hifi system you are asking about, the nostalgia and passion to seek that "sound" resonates so nicely with me.

I genuinely hope you find what you are looking for...

Good luck!

Hi !!

I have pm you about the HiQ system.

Nikhil

Hi

I am looking to buy a 80s PHILIPS HI Q Stereo System. This system had a Reciever with sliding controls for Bass and Treble, Acoustic suspention Speakers and a turntable.
I have an extensive collection of Vinyls and am dying to listen to their warm sound.
As a teenager in 80s I used to have an HMV 1010 record player, which produced very average sound and I remember a bakery shop in Lajpat Nagar market in Delhi used to play Boney M records on Philips Hi Q stereo sytem and i was just mesmerised by the sound and used to spend hours standing in front of the open corner shop listening to the warm clean sound

Thanks

hi datwal,

just saw your requirement. if you're still looking for a philips hi-q international, i have an excellently maintained set that consists of the turntable, stereo tuner cum amplifier and matching speakers. the set doesn't work any longer and requires repair. if interested, let me know and i am ready to part with it for a pittance.

ravijit

Hi

Thanks

Hi, With all the respect for your desire on the philips system. I guess back in 80's philips might have sounded warmer than your system. But today if you are just after that warm sounding Turntable setup, you can do so with much better options. Today there are plenty of options that might surpass your expectation.An all Rega setup is such a sweet sounding thing. this is just my humble opinion.

Ravijit, Sunder, Kartick,

you are all replying to a 2010 post!

Hey Thanks Ravijit

Sorry I saw your post today after nearly 2/3 months. I am of course intersted in the Philips Hi-Q system, even though it requires repair as you mentioned.

Do reply back at the earliest possible

Thanks
Dharmender Atwal

Hey Thanks Ravijit

Sorry I saw your post today after nearly 2/3 months. I am of course intersted in the Philips Hi-Q system, even though it requires repair as you mentioned.

Do reply back at the earliest possible

Thanks
Dharmender Atwal

hi datwal,

just saw your requirement. if you're still looking for a philips hi-q international, i have an excellently maintained set that consists of the turntable, stereo tuner cum amplifier and matching speakers. the set doesn't work any longer and requires repair. if interested, let me know and i am ready to part with it for a pittance.

ravijit

Hi Ravijit,

Welcome to HiFiVision. Your PM facility has not yet been activated hence I cannot send you a PM.

I am interested your hi q international system. Please send me an email on my handle at yahoo dot com.

All the best to you.

hi,
i have a working philips high q international record player. anyone interested - let me know. bye

I am Satheesh Gopi, (Trivandrum)

Do anybody have a service manual of Philips HiFi International Model AH778, 1979 model, please let me know. And please share it as a PDF document. If not please share the configuration of its power transformer....its secondary voltages, and amps.

Thank you

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back