Philips laser Lens assembly VAM1202

Radni14

My CD player uses Philips CDM12 as CD mechanism. I am looking to replace its laser lens which is model no. VAM1202 .Is there a source in India to buy it locally , or does Philips India sell it ? If anyone has info please share. . Thanks

There is a shop at Lamington Road that sells ONLY Laser assemblies. I don't have their Tel number. I may visit next week and get you their details

IndianEars,
That will be very kind!
In fact , they need to be told of part number Philips laser assembly VAM1202 (which fits into CDM12 ) . They should not worry about which brand CD player , or top loading /front loading etc.
About 13 years ago I had to replace the same part Philips VAM1202 in my same Cary Audio CD player and some one from Mumbai got it for me from Lemington street . The part worked fine for many years but now again needs replacement.
Once I get their contact number , I will order on them.
Thanks

Radni14 I have sent you a personal message with full contact details of the Laser Assembly supplier, at Lamington Road.

All the Best !

IndianEars,
Thank you for your help. Sorry for delay in my reply .
The correct part no. is VAM1202/12.
My cousin got it for me from one shop on Lamington road .
It cost me only Rs 750 , it could be Chinese made , but has Philips marking on PCB etc .l got it installed yesterday and my CD player works fine . So I am happy.
I am thinking to buy one extra to keep in spare for future as my CD player is otherwise quite good.
Following is shop where he got the part from .

Parvail sons , 7, *Lamar bldg ,ground fl.

SVMarg , Lamington road ,Mumbai 7*

Tel no 23867601, 23885135*

Thank you again.

After installing the newly purchased VAM1202/12 and playing it for few days, I now find that my CD player "skips" during replay once in few minutes. This is quite distracting and I cannot say I am happy with this part replacement. The supplier had already told me that there was no guaranty on this part and I still bought it as had no other option. So I am not disputing with him.
Now I am still wanting to purchase a genuine Philips part .
If anyone has a source please let me know.
I did check with the name given by IndianEars in his PM to me, but that supplier does not carry this part.
Any help from FMs will be welcome.
Thanks

For an update, I purchased the same part Philips laser Lens Assembly from an eBay seller, it arrived 5 days ago and I got it installed on my CD player. I have so far used/tested it for about 5-6 hours and find no issues at all. This new part works perfectly fine . Hope now my CD player can run well for few years!

Seller from eBay , in my case , is : supermanmeliu
He is from Taiwan, ROC. Shipment also came from Taiwan. His price was higher than most others , but he offered genuine part, with 60 days warranty. And the part arrived in good packing with seal of the company etc, in anti-static bag ( like I got it directly from Philips India 12 years ago : Whereas the part I purchased from Lemington Road was packed completely differently ! ) . After 8-10 hours of working with newly installed part, it is running perfectly well for me.
Good Luck !

Last edited:
Seller from eBay , in my case , is : supermanmeliu
He is from Taiwan, ROC. Shipment also came from Taiwan. His price was higher than most others , but he offered genuine part, with 60 days warranty. And the part arrived in good packing with seal of the company etc, in anti-static bag ( like I got it directly from Philips India 12 years ago : Whereas the part I purchased from Lemington Road was packed completely differently ! ) . After 8-10 hours of working with newly installed part, it is running perfectly well for me.
Good Luck !

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back