Philips LED TV

Himan

Hi,

I am new to this website and just came across it while searching for reviews for a tv I was interested in buying. Going through the forums I felt I should register ask my query here :)

I was interested in buying Philips LED tv 42PFL6577. Does anyone have any experience using this TV?

my budget is around 50k and am looking for non smart and non 3d tv. Tv usage is mostly going to be tv viewing and gaming(ps3). PC usage will be minimal at least for now.

Any recommendations?

42pfl6577 is an older version ( broad bezel and not so good looking). Buy either 42 pfl 6977 or 42 pfl 6357 which are new versions and design is good (narrow bezel).

42pfl6977 is equipped with DDB and EasyLink (To control HDMI CEC devices). 42pfl6357 do not have DDB and EasyLink.

If you are not interested in DDB and EasyLink go for 6357. It's a very good model which offers good picture quality and sound. It comes with three HDMI ports and also has ARC (if you want to return audio to your HTB or HTS).

240hz PMR is good enough for sports and movie channels.

6357 is available for 46k (if you bargain hard) or max 49k.
6977 is available for 52 to 55k.
Also you will get 50% off on selected Philips home theater in a box if you buy these TVs.

Thanks for replying! I will check out those models as well.

The main reason for posting was whether anybody has used Philips LED TVs and what is their experience?

Philips service is pathetic. In fact now philips TVS are made by Videocon. Globally too they are not in TV business in many countries

Does that also change PQ and their overall build quality? We got 2 TVs at home and kinda like Phillips as a brand. It never got us into trouble :eek:
Philips service is pathetic. In fact now philips TVS are made by Videocon. Globally too they are not in TV business in many countries

Does that also change PQ and their overall build quality? We got 2 TVs at home and kinda like Phillips as a brand. It never got us into trouble :eek:

I had 6 products incl those 2 TVs . Read my earlier expereince about service. also they tried to cheat one of the members in service... Pathetic and lousy

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back