confused

Yesterday I bought Philips 46PHL8777/V7 AX
It's features are
1.46 inch full HD LED DDB TV
2.it's 3D TV and A smart tv
3. It's comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses
4. A wifi USB dongle
5.a USB hub
6. A free 2 yrs subscription of full platinum HD videocon d2h of value 13000!
And costed me
RS 79000/-
This model was not mentioned on philips website not I could find it on google
It was mentioned in Philips's Diwali promotion Boucher
And in Boucher the There was no mention about smart tv features and when it was installed it was pleasant surprise to find its a smart tv.
Now about installation
I live in small interior town and to my surprise the service team arrived within 12 hrs and installed tv and my d2h account was activated in breeze
TV QUALITY
1.build sturdy but heavy on weight and thick as compared to other led tv but may be due to DDB tuner
2.since it's DDB tv there is only one remote and since no need of set top box it's a clutter less tv
3.the ports are only on lt side of tv on back but easily accessible
4.it has 2 HDMI ports,a VGA PORT, port for wired broadband connectivity and single USB port.( this pitfall is lessened by providing a USB extension in form hi speed 4 port USB hub by amkette
5.rest audio in and out ports as usual
PQ QUALITY
SINCE just installed last night I may not give detailed report but I can say PQ QUALITY is ok and HD channels are good.
Anyway I am not a videophile but a comman viewer who watch more satellite tv but of movies.
AUDIO QUALITY
That's was surprise as it has nice audio quality and loud too
3 D FEATURES
the d2h offers a demo 3d channel and that is good
The easy 3D conversion of 2D to 3D is easy with options of adjusting depth of PICTURES,IT takes few seconds to convert.overall it's 3D PQ QUALITY IS ok but need to explore more and I will definitely post it later
SMART TV FEATURE
That's surprise package for me
The wireless connectivity using USB dongle is easy and sets up in no time
The philips apps include all social media apps,the news aps,music apps and many more to explore yet
The web browsing is fun
The onscreen keyboard is little cumbersome as not used to type from remote but response is fast

I was little confused whether to buy this tv before as this forum has not much enthusiastic about philips and I came to know it's manufactured and serviced by Videocon.more there are talks of Philips selling its video business to Japanese company (the talks are failed as I know recently), overall I was worried when I placed my order
But first impression is good but let's hope it will give good service in long run.
So dear members this my new Diwali purchase and I hope esteemed members will comment and suggest me setting tips for this TV
PLEASE members if you are owner of this model please provide tips and feedback.
Thanks

congrats on your purchase! Enjoy your videos.
You did not find any mention of this model on net or any review! How many years warranty? Any extended warranty?
Oh!! You mentioned "owners of this model for tips", iam not one! ;) Probably you are the first owner on this model of Philips in this forum.

Thanks sgmane
It has 1 yrs warranty
No ext.warranty
Na mention of this model anywhere except philips brow hers

Thanks Nitin,
Ya will post some pics
but viewing angles etc will try as I am just novice when it comes for tech things.

I'm using a 6000 series model.Im sure the 8000 series are very good.Recently demoed the 7000 series model.3d was awesome.If u calibrate the PQ settings you would get good PQ.Google it.Enjoy the new purchase

Congrats on ur purchase enjoy ur tv ... About settings , explore settings for similar models ... From the same serieson net and try those settings... If I have to tell u few quick trivks, then putting sharpness to zero and temp to warm gives nice soothing pic...

@confused:

As mentioned by FM above, you can try the 8000 series manual. You should probably be having a manual too. Do playaround with the settings and find out which suits you better in watching.
For reference here:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/...erManuals&mid=Link_UserManuals&scy=SI&slg=ENG

http://www.philips.co.in/c/televisi...-inch-easy-3d-ddb-46pfl8577_v7/prd/?t=support

This is 8000 series but not paritcular to your model. You may also want to check the FAQ's where you get information.

I too got a Philips 42PFL7977 3D TV this Diwali. It was beating samsung and sony tvs in the showroom with the picture quality, skin tones and black levels.

What price u got it and any offer?.I too demoed 42pfl 7977.3d was awesome.Even SD channels looked good.color was natural

I have seen Avatar,Jurassic park on dish and using 2d to 3d option ,I must say the experience was mind blowing.it give enough depth to picture and with good sound,it's a theatre experience at home.
So at present I must say a 46" 3D smart tv with 4 pairs of 3d glasses and 2 yrs subscription of videocon d2h platinum HD package of worth 13000 and 1 wifi dongle and USB hub at the price of 79000 was a good purchase!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back