Philips Valve Radio Conversion

SanjayM

Hello All

I have one Philips Valve Radio Model 15RB 708/00S. This model is a Stereo audio, two DIN connectors for Line in and Tape in/out, 80 W power consumption. Some more details in these links

http://www.datastress.com/~mario/radio/show.php?type=15RB708-00S&brand=Philips

15RB708 /00S Radio Philips; Calcutta, build 1970, 2 pictures

Is it possible for me to add FM band to this model?

Can I convert the DIN socket for 'tape input' to RCA and play my turntable via this radio?

The radio has 2 good speakers, bass and treble control too. Please excuse me if I have asked anything funny:eek:

Sanjay

Dear Mr. Sanjay
Do not carry out any modification inside the set and keep it original. FM tuners are available in the market and they can be kept outside. You can use the line out terminal and it be can be connected to the Pick-up socket with a suitable DIN plug. If the line out is a stereo O/P then you can listen to the stereo sound with the Stereo Switch.

Regards
P.Rajan

Dear Mr. Sanjay
DIN plugs are available in the market. It is a 5 pin plug. There are different 5 pin plugs available and you must buy the correct one which matches your radio DIN socket. The connections also must be done correctly. In case of difficulty you can send me a message.

Regards

P.Rajan

Great!
Mr Pandu Rajan
I have found someone who will put back this beauty singing again, he is a retired engineer (72 year old) from COSMIC and before joining COSMIC used to assemble such type of Valve radios (2 per week) with kits bought from Philips India. He told me he used to earn 150 rupees per kit !.:eek:hyeah:

The only problem he could see was of spares mainly valves, lets hope all goes well, I will ask for your help if needed, many many thanks:)

..../Are there any DIN to RCA adapter available easily? Any links ?/....
Dear Sir
They look like the picture attached herewith. Should cost no more than Rs 50
Thanks regards
aks

20161119_094626_zpssotjnhfn.jpg

From my experience with vintage Philips radio equipment, their circuits are often non-standard and are specific Philips designs. They tend to be more complex with, at times, components featuring exceptional values. Its better not to tamper with these. Also due to their comparatively complex nature, Philips radios tend to be a bit harder to calibrate.

Great!
Mr Pandu Rajan
I have found someone who will put back this beauty singing again, he is a retired engineer (72 year old) from COSMIC and before joining COSMIC used to assemble such type of Valve radios (2 per week) with kits bought from Philips India. He told me he used to earn 150 rupees per kit !.:eek:hyeah:

The only problem he could see was of spares mainly valves, lets hope all goes well, I will ask for your help if needed, many many thanks:)

Dear SanjayM,
Could you kindly Enlighten us by letting me know about retired Engineer of Cosmic Company or atleast pm me his details.

Thanks

Hello All

I have one Philips Valve Radio Model 15RB 708/00S. This model is a Stereo audio, two DIN connectors for Line in and Tape in/out, 80 W power consumption. Some more details in these links

http://www.datastress.com/~mario/radio/show.php?type=15RB708-00S&brand=Philips

15RB708 /00S Radio Philips; Calcutta, build 1970, 2 pictures

Is it possible for me to add FM band to this model?

Can I convert the DIN socket for 'tape input' to RCA and play my turntable via this radio?

The radio has 2 good speakers, bass and treble control too. Please excuse me if I have asked anything funny:eek:

Sanjay
Hi All,
I have a Philips 15RB708 /00S Radio and looking for a suitable antena. Can anyone guide me on this.
AK

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back