• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Phillips HiQ Syatem + Garrard 6.200 C

QUAD

n_thacker

Hi friends,

Up for sale here is the Philips HiQ International System a popular system of the 70s. The system was purchased somewhere around 1976-77. The Philips HiQ System along with Garrard 6.200 C is encased in a rosewood cabinet with 2 HiQ spkrs and 2 speakers in the cabinet.

The whole system has great antique look for any drawing room. The Garrard 6.200 C is changer type (auto disc changer) turntable.

The system will have to be serviced as, I have not used it for long time. Also u have to get the cartridge for turntable. Which i guess is available looking at some post in the forum.

Also some parts of the cabinet like wooden strips on the cabinet speakers which will have to fixed.

I am based in Mumbai. If anyone wishes to see the system they are welcome to see it.

Some photographs are attached herewith.

Expected Price Rs12,000

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  5. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  6. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  7. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  8. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  9. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Attachments

n_thacker

Hi !!

If there is any interest in the system, I will add 76 vinyls mostly hindi movie songs from the 60s, 70s & 80s besides It will have 1 odd english vinyl of "Come September". All this for an additional Rs3000

trittya

The PUNJAB (whats left of it) & Delhi, India
Not that I want to buy this, but I regret to inform you that vintage systems like these in repairable/restorable/serviceable condition have no such value? 12k would have been a fair price had the system been in working condition.
I suggest you restore it or review the price. Is a nice piece but I already have my hands full with a similar project.
Regards
No offense please.
Regards

n_thacker

Thanks for your advice. Since I am no audiophile and dont have much idea, I would rather leave it to a person who can manage to restore it to its old glory and use it.

Bluu

I think trittya means you should reduce the price a lot to help in selling it. 12K seems a bit much. Again, we're just trying to help. No hard feelings.

sandeepmohan

You should put this up as a give away rather than selling it. Reviving this system is going to take something and even when done it will be more for vintage reasons than sound quality.

Vijay_s

I regret breaking my grand father's Murphy radio B818 to take out sepaker magnet. I was not aware vintage systems in non-working condition yeild such nice returns. Let me see if I could restore it.

All the best for your sales

Dr.Bass

Seller is free to choose the price he wants to sell at. All suggestions can be done via pm :)
I totally agree with anm. This is the only forum I know of where I see such things happening. I know most people dont intend anything negative but then it ultimately does add an air of negativity on the sale item. I mean come on let us not interfere in a sale unless we intend to be a part of it. Opinion sharing can be done on other sections of the forum, why create mud here ? If one really wants to advise then use the PM na brother !!!

n_thacker

Shifting house need to sell this urgently as will be short of space to keep this. Quote a decent price and take it.

Buyers from Mumbai welcome to see it

reubensm

Hi, just to give you my experience on pricing, I sold my father's matched pair Hi-Q International speakers to a forum member for 3.5k, Garrard SP25 Laboratory Series Turntable with EEI CS2000 Ceramic Cartridge, in pristine working condition (cosmetically, almost like new) for 7.5k and a Garrard headshell with Shure M75-6 MM cartridge and Shure N75-6 diamond stylus for 2.5k. All the equipment was in pristine condition and in perfect working and cosmetic order. Perhaps this will give you the right approach for pricing. You will definitely have to restore your offering if you are looking to get good pricing. Remember thought, restoration is expensive, especially for your turntable. My 2 cents. Thanks

n_thacker

I would have restored it myself but the problem is, I dont have enough place to keep it and time to restore it as am tied up in couple of serious issues. And that is the reason, I would pass it on to someone at a very reasonable price. So that he/she can restore it.

That's reason i have left the price as negotiable

reubensm

I would have restored it myself but the problem is, I dont have enough place to keep it and time to restore it as am tied up in couple of serious issues. And that is the reason, I would pass it on to someone at a very reasonable price. So that he/she can restore it.

That's reason i have left the price as negotiable
Great...all the very best for your sale. The equipment without doubt, is priceless!!

n_thacker

Hi Guys,

Must sell this as i am lacking space in my new appartment. Kindly quote your price.

Nikhil