Phillips PUT8215 vs Panasonic HX700

waris

Hi,
I read some good reviews for these models. Wanted to know view of our FMs.
Are they better than Vu and Hisense models.
Thanks for your time.

Hi,
Thanks for your time.

Hi,
Thanks for your time.
Definitely better than those two models, please consider Panasonic

Definitely better than those two models, please consider Panasonic
Panasonic and Phillip's both have IPS panel. Vu and Hisense have VA panel so inherently more contrast.
Color Gamut of these model is not known though.

Panasonic has GX,HX and JX models . GX800 was well praised by a forum member but difficult to get now. There is a price hike in JX series compared to HX series.
How do they compare in performance? If we decide on Panasonic should we select HX or JX ?
in the price range of 70-80k we can go for HX700DX, 65 Vu Cienma . JX850 is 1.1Lac(65 inch) at reliance digital (some discounts are there on this price).
is it worth the price. Samsung Frame 65 inch 2021 can be had in 1.15 lacs.

Hi, did you get anymore info offline or from other sources? I've read (note: only read) a good review about the Philips PUT8215, (but seeing is believing). I'm keen on a 50" IPS panel TV, as it would be for a wide living room. Based on what I've researched, the Philips has better motion flow (good for sports) and viewing angles than thr Vu and hisense (which most are VA panels).

Do share if you get any more info or if you decided to pull the trigger and buy one of them.

Philips has better motion flow (good for sports) and viewing angles than thr Vu and hisense (which most are VA panels).
Philips? Are you sure? They have closed all their service centers, not a single advt in the last decade ...
. JX850 is 1.1Lac(65 inch) at reliance digital
If you are investing this much, overlook the small discount RD offers. One of our FM had a bad experience on 2 lakh TV, as RD sent unprofessional men to install it, bending the TV. Better go for brand showroom

Before you buy a Philips, first find out if there is anyone available to service their products. To my knowledge, they have exited their AV business in India.

Safer to buy a Panasonic JX/JZ or last years HX/HZ series.

I have ordered the Put8215 today. They might not be aggressively advertising their stuff, but they have been releasing models for the last 2-3 years including their Ambilight last year and this 8215 model this year and even plan to bring their OLEDs from what I could see on their website. There are a couple of satisfied member here who bought their 6604 models last year. Would have loved to get the Ambilight model but it is out of stock everywhere.

Before you buy a Philips, first find out if there is anyone available to service their products. To my knowledge, they have exited their AV business in India.

Compared to samsung frame how does the HX750 and JX series stack.

I have ordered the Put8215 today. They might not be aggressively advertising their stuff, but they have been releasing models for the last 2-3 years including their Ambilight last year and this 8215 model this year and even plan to bring their OLEDs from what I could see on their website. There are a couple of satisfied member here who bought their 6604 models last year. Would have loved to get the Ambilight model but it is out of stock everywhere.
Agreed on the ambilight. I'm normally quite strict with my budgets but I'd make an exception for the ambilight if it was available right now.
Do share your thoughts once you get the tv. I have about 2 weeks before I pull the trigger and right now it's between this one and the toshiba U7980 (if it's available, even though the viewing angle may not work for the living room).

Valid point, their presence has reduced significantly. From what I could see on their website there is one center reasonably close by, I shall give them a call during the day tomorrow.

From what I know the 55" inch frame has 120hz so it should be great for gaming, sports etc. The smaller sizes do not have that spec, the bigger ones should, but I would verify further if I were you. Can't speak about the Panasonics, but there was mention on another thread about them.

I have not seen a Samsung frame so cannot comment. Personally; I won't buy anything Samsung. The last product I used of theirs was the PS51E550D1R Plasma and some model of a 3D Blu Ray player that came bundled with the TV. This TV was superb.

I have spent time with a Panasonic HZ1000 (oled. Not sold in India). Its last years model. Aside from the lack of the latest Home Screen custom rom (The brand is slow in rolling out software updates), the display is first rate. The JX/JZ (led/oled) are current generation and more up to date. I'd buy a Panasonic any day over a Samsung. Throw in a LG oled and the decision gets hard. Honestly; you cannot go wrong with either.

Can you elaborate, why so?
I have never liked their colors. There is some inconsistency in their red's, where they can go towards being pink. This can be corrected but I don't want to be doing that after paying 2lacs for a TV.
Also; I don't believe any of their products (not just TV's) last.

I have not seen a Samsung frame so cannot comment. Personally; I won't buy anything Samsung. The last product I used of theirs was the PS51E550D1R Plasma and some model of a 3D Blu Ray player that came bundled with the TV. This TV was superb.

I have spent time with a Panasonic HZ1000 (oled. Not sold in India). Its last years model. Aside from the lack of the latest Home Screen custom rom (The brand is slow in rolling out software updates), the display is first rate. The JX/JZ (led/oled) are current generation and more up to date. I'd buy a Panasonic any day over a Samsung. Throw in a LG oled and the decision gets hard. Honestly; you cannot go wrong with either.
As far as I know panasonic TV have IPS panel. That means poor contrast ratio. Can you comment on same.

As far as I know panasonic TV have IPS panel. That means poor contrast ratio. Can you comment on same.
It depends on the model of TV you buy from Panasonic or just about any brand.
What makes you say or think IPS=Poor contrast ratio? Is that a general statement of just for Panasonic displays?

As far as I know panasonic TV have IPS panel. That means poor contrast ratio.
Thanks for a hearty laugh. I have LG purchased last Diwali, and it has the best contrast I have ever seen. I compared even Samsung, Sony and what not. Who told you IPS is bad?

It depends on the model of TV you buy from Panasonic or just about any brand.
What makes you say or think IPS=Poor contrast ratio? Is that a general statement of just for Panasonic displays?
It's a general statement . IPS panels can't achieve high contrast ratio. I checked all the models on rtings.com ,none of the IPS panels achieve high contrast ratio. If I am wrong please let me know the ratio for Panasonic IPS panels.

Thanks for a hearty laugh. I have LG purchased last Diwali, and it has the best contrast I have ever seen. I compared even Samsung, Sony and what not. Who told you IPS is bad?
I did a side by side comparison of X80J and X85J . During dark scenes X80J had clear black crush.

Iam looking to buy put 8215 or 6600 model which is under good discount.How would you rate put 8215 with regard to colors and upscaling , HDR

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back