• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Phono cartridge with stylus

Home Theatre Systems

paras0710

I just acquire Technics sl-1300 without cart. I am looking for cheap( bh cheap j mean price) cart with stylus to use till i have the budget to get costly one. Screws and connecting wire also require.

If anybody have spare cart please write its make and model along with your asking price.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Fantastic

Audio Technica AT95E. Well reviewed cartridge.
At Grabmore they have it now for Rs 3131 ( discounted) . Pick it up.
It's a bargain price.Only 16% higher than the US price ! Includes duty and shipping charges ! It's delivered to the door !
I bought one from the US a short while ago and ended up spending much more !

paras0710

Does CN5625 and at95e comes with installation asessories? I mean screws and wires ?
I have sharp optonic turntable and it has same looking cartridge as CN5625 but its permanently fitted in its linear tonearm also have .6 mil instead .7 mil stylus. Its good atleast on this sharp turntable. I also found a guy selling pioneer pc-230 cart and pn-230 stylus new in box with asessories within for 2k its same as CN5625 but hes not ready to ship it to delhi. :(

What about AT90cd and AT92e?

Last edited:

paras0710

The shure m97xe in US is $69.99(including shipping) . My uncle is coming in india from US on 5th november if he takes it for me what extra charges will it attract?

greenhorn

Last edited:

reubensm

to explain what greenhorn said a little more:

If you have brand new records or old records in EX or VG++ condition, absolutely clean, not warped, use the M97xe

If you have old marginally scratched, warped, pimpled records, records with groove wear in the VG and below categories, use the M44-7. Incidentally the M44-7 in my opinion is best suited for the Technics S-Shaped tonearm.

Where sound is concerned, the M97xe is very fluid, warm, pleasant and at times seems to whisper in your ear. You can imagine yourself sitting all alone by the country side, listening to the birds chirp, the sound of which merges with the sound of the wind blowing. In short, if you listen to very warm music with lots of solo vocals, or warm instrumental music, you will enjoy the sound signature of the M97xe.

On the other side, if you are into beat music, solid tight bass, shrill to glaring highs, not that keen on plush rounded mids but like some mid range to be around at the same time, then the M44-7 is the one for you. Great for Bollywood music, post 1970s western music like Disco and Europop. Even better for Rock. The M44-7 comes with high gain which makes it sound bright and enthusiastic, better bass attack which makes your heart race and more importantly, if paired with its stock N44-7 stylus, tracks magnificently, picks up less groove noise, plays older records with worn grooves in a much better sounding way and more importantly, it can easily match the front-end of virtually any phonostage. So go for the M97xe only if you are very familiar with its sound signature.

paras0710

Both carts in US is almost the same price but its not the case here in India. The price of M44-7 here is between 5-6k but m97xe price is 8-9.5k . So i am thinking that i take shure m97xe from US for now and will buy m44-7 from here in india some time later . What you people say?

BTW i had listened the M97xe and can feel the warmth. didn't heard m44-7.

I just check it again m44-7 is $54.95(including us shipping) (?3580) and m97xe is $69.99 (?4560.16) so there is about ?1000 difference.

Last edited: