Picture Quality of 2k and 4k content in various TV display

kiranjoshi7

Hello.
I am used to Panasonic plasma for 6 yrs. Main use is for movies on tata sky, prime vdo and Netflix , all in full HD. Picture quality is really good and not very bright, subtle colours with natural looks.

I am planning new 4k HDR TV.
I watched full HD movies and 4k contents in showroom. Just few points=

*4k content on LG C8 OLED is the best.
*4k content on LED 4K is awesome, but inferior to OLED.
*FULL HD content on OLED is good.
*Full HD content on 4k LED is not up to mark. I watched mainly on LG UK series TV and Samsung qled. Colour tone is not natural. It looks very artificial. Full HD content on my Panasonic plasma is way better. Sony F90 LED full HD content was relatively better than Samsung, LG but still inferior to plasma.
I am confused whether to upgrade tv or not?
Am I missing something? Its full HD content (upscaled to 4k) that we will be watching most of the time as pure 4k content is not yet so readily available. Kindly opine.
Regards

2019’s gonna bring new wave of cheaper bigger better TVs for everyone,for now either hold up or buy the best quality FullHD TV in largest possible size (55 max) you may find.Nation gonna get 4K no sooner than 2020,be it Broadcasts or streaming.

2020 is very late . 55 inch sony 8500 is at 1.25 lakh at reliance digital pheonix mall bangalore ,lg c8 55 inch is at 1.7 lakh .plus 5%cashback+no interest emi
enjoy 4k ;):cool::cool:

2019’s gonna bring new wave of cheaper bigger better TVs for everyone,for now either hold up or buy the best quality FullHD TV in largest possible size (55 max) you may find.Nation gonna get 4K no sooner than 2020,be it Broadcasts or streaming.

2020 is going to bring a even bigger wave of cheaper bigger better TVs for everyone.

2020 is very late . 55 inch sony 8500 is at 1.25 lakh at reliance digital pheonix mall bangalore ,lg c8 55 inch is at 1.7 lakh .plus 5%cashback+no interest emi
enjoy 4k ;):cool::cool:

It's available for 99k as well.

Hello.
I am used to Panasonic plasma for 6 yrs. Main use is for movies on tata sky, prime vdo and Netflix , all in full HD. Picture quality is really good and not very bright, subtle colours with natural looks.

I am planning new 4k HDR TV.
I watched full HD movies and 4k contents in showroom. Just few points=

*4k content on LG C8 OLED is the best.
*4k content on LED 4K is awesome, but inferior to OLED.
*FULL HD content on OLED is good.
*Full HD content on 4k LED is not up to mark. I watched mainly on LG UK series TV and Samsung qled. Colour tone is not natural. It looks very artificial. Full HD content on my Panasonic plasma is way better. Sony F90 LED full HD content was relatively better than Samsung, LG but still inferior to plasma.
I am confused whether to upgrade tv or not?
Am I missing something? Its full HD content (upscaled to 4k) that we will be watching most of the time as pure 4k content is not yet so readily available. Kindly opine.
Regards

If your plasma is still going strong, no need to change it as no technology will give the richest colors like it. Con is the heat dissipation. Next choice would be oled and LG seems to have taken the lead on it. Otherwise hold off on other tech like QLED from Samsung etc. they are not even close to OLED and you will be wasting lots of money without the value.

Also if you have a decent audio setup, look for B series LG OLED. The only diff between this and c series is the inbuilt speakers.

Sometimes it helps to recalibrate your tv with the Digital Video Essentials disc after couple of years. It will enable minor modifications to improve the display.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Planning to shift 43 inch plasma to bedroom and new 55inch display in hall.
LG B8 has alfa 7 processor while C8 has alfa 9.
I have KEF Q300 based home theatre, so TVs in built audio is of no importance.

If you really want the best upscaling performance, build an HTPC and use the madvr renderer with a compatible player. The inbuilt upscaling of TVs is just crap in comparison.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back