Pioneer 071 or Sony v380 or Yamaha ? please read

rnksarda

i am really confused on what to buy in 5.1 , budget is <25k .
i have an option of sony bv380 which is techincally speaking 1000 watts with a basic amp ( 3 hdmi in and 1 out ) and a pioneer 071 model with amp which is 600watts .

i want o know does the watt really matter ? or is sony a good choice ?

i want to basically connect my ps3 and tata sky service . through sony's home theatre or pioneer's home theatre or pioneer ?

or what else do u guys suggest under rs.25000 (500 $)

ps : some people abroad have complained abt lip sync issues in sony home theatre v380

Did you consider Onkyo S3400? There are many threads on the same in this forum. Please go through them. It is within your budget and is very good for movies in this budget.

Last edited:
As suggested by koushik, consider the Onkyo 3400 which will be far better than the Sonys. It has 4 HDMI inputs, supports 3D and HD audio.

is it better than Sony's 1000 watts ?

can it play tata sky hd and ps3 flawlessly ?

any site u recommend or store in chennai to get it for cheap and best price ?

+1 to baijuxavior.

Anyday Onkyo is better than Sony.

Read between the lines in the manual and you will know that it is way behind 1000 watt! It is following some alien physics theory. It consumes 110W and produces 1000W of energy. So folks, energy is being created here. Do hell with your Law of conservation of energy! :D

Last edited:
Even though, lets consider that Sony is truely producing 1000W rms, but the thing is that Power is not the factor to judge a system. Else, we would have choosen the highest watt available in the market and live happily till the higher watt equipment appears!!

Consider power as the loudness factor and not the quality of sound. You will be amaze to know that even clean 10W+10W is good enough for normal listening.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back