pioneer av receiver stuck on AMP DIAG MODE

dr.karaan

i request FM to help me.
my pioneer av receiver while playing a movie suddenly stopped producing sound and it was showing amp diag mode, no other function is working.. i removed all cables from receiver but no use.. tried resetting it, like onkyo ( googled it) but no use
its showing NG LS bs/br
PLZ HELP

i request FM to help me.
my pioneer av receiver while playing a movie suddenly stopped producing sound and it was showing amp diag mode, no other function is working.. i removed all cables from receiver but no use.. tried resetting it, like onkyo ( googled it) but no use
its showing NG LS bs/br
PLZ HELP

Hi,

What model is it.of Pioneer

i request FM to help me.
its showing NG LS bs/br
PLZ HELP

is it the 1131? if yes then it has the same issue present in the onkyo 656.
If so then its the internal amps that might need replacing.

Cheers.

Last edited:
yes its VSX 1131, its in warranty but in case i cant find warranty card, any idea hw much could be the cost of repair...
plus any suggestion to clear the problem at HOME

Hi

Repairs will cost almost 50% the actual price of AVR.....depends on model and availability of parts.....

Pioneer AVRs are known to get BRICKED easily....not heard of cases of the LX series....

You may be better off picking a pre owneed AVR from the forum or olx etc....check before purchase....

I briefly owned the VSX520...never launched in India....excellent one....got rid of the same before it gives me issues....moved to Marantz

If you know the dealer from where you purchased and approx purchased month...i am sure some duplicate invoice can be provided...or the dealer can speak to the service center and entertain your case...

Moreover, recommend you to post this issue in the Pioneers Owners thread...someone can possibly share their experience.....or solution....

yes its VSX 1131, its in warranty but in case i cant find warranty card, any idea hw much could be the cost of repair...

well did you try reseting the AVR? remove all the speaker cables & then try reseting it again. Did you try updating the firmware by any chance?

Cheers.

i removed all cables but no use. It doesnt allow me to do anything so cant do update or check for it. it just shows amp diag mode

Talk to the shop where you got it from, they can give you a duplicate bill or maybe even assist you with the warranty.

don't lose sleep over something that is in warranty, Usually NG error as far as i recall are errors that require you to take it in service center. Since you have already tried all things like unplugging resetting etc. best is to take to service center.

I think it does....

Just say you did a normal update as guided by the owners manual.....

Usually the Service center will ask all this and may sometimes throw yarns that not covered etc....demand where is it written in the warranty policy etc...dont give up without a fair debate

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back