• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Pioneer BDP 450.

Wharfedale Evo 4.2

BLASTO

Hi,
Iam looking for a pioneer BDP 450.
Preferably new.
If you know whereabouts of availability, do let me know.

Thanks,

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Please consider making a voluntary donation to help towards the running of HiFiViSION.COM

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  5. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  6. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  7. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  8. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  9. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

akd

I may be irrelevant here, but though could share what I experienced

After reading a lot bought a region "A" BDP 450 from ebay.in, it worked flawlessly for a few movies, then the problem of freezing started, since it was a routine issue with the player I did not pay much of attention, after a while it started freezing every time I play any disc, media playback was fine, what happened after that is not relevant, what I was irritated was - freezing problem was well known for this model and very very few user actually warns against it, BTW I changed all possible firmwares but the freezing persisted

I have taken a resolve not a buy a Pioneer player again, I have a LG BDP 550 at almost half of its (Pioneer 450) price, its running flawlessly for last 4 years and I love it

maybe mine was an individual experience, but thought to inform you before you take the final call

On a different note I think Samsung 5500, Panasonic 230, Sony 5100/5200 are excellent choice for both A/V

BLASTO

I may be irrelevant here, but though could share what I experienced

After reading a lot bought a region "A" BDP 450 from ebay.in, it worked flawlessly for a few movies, then the problem of freezing started, since it was a routine issue with the player I did not pay much of attention, after a while it started freezing every time I play any disc, media playback was fine, what happened after that is not relevant, what I was irritated was - freezing problem was well known for this model and very very few user actually warns against it, BTW I changed all possible firmwares but the freezing persisted

I have taken a resolve not a buy a Pioneer player again, I have a LG BDP 550 at almost half of its (Pioneer 450) price, its running flawlessly for last 4 years and I love it

maybe mine was an individual experience, but thought to inform you before you take the final call

On a different note I think Samsung 5500, Panasonic 230, Sony 5100/5200 are excellent choice for both A/V
I am looking for a good quality transport and don't need any analog outputs at all. The output through coaxial output is very import. This one seem to fit the bill nicely.

I have already looked at Panasonic 230 and it has no coaxial output.
I already have a 2D BDP at home and am looking for more high end options.

From what I read the sony/Samsung etc highend BDPs offer very less in terms of PQ/SQ improvement and provides a host of internet application, streaming etc which I will hardly use.

Is there a brand I should be looking at if I am looking for PQ and SQ enhancements more than the entry level sony, Samsung, LG etc?

Ofcourse there is oppo. But I have to sell my kidney to buy one of it.

ibbynumb

If any one interested let me know the BDP 450 brand new with box is available

sunder

Buy an used oppo from USA and import it through friends. You may to wait but it is worth it. Trust me I did the same! Wait time - 2 years!
Are the Oppo players from USA region free and are they read all the audio formats? Which models are very good for audio? Thanks.

Vinod.R

Oppo players are not region free but are easy to make it so. Usually you just connect a dongle type hardware and you are done. They are quite good at playing most formats so that is not an issue. The only question is your budget and whether you have someone in the USA to buy used on your behalf. Most of the models are good enough for audio but 105D 205D are the best. I have 103D and it is no slouch.

Vinod.R

Vinod.R, You mean UDP-205 4k UHD player?
Yes, I.had the 203 for some time. I sold it on our forum because it was too good for my system. My system is not an easy push over by the way. The only reason for the sale was it was too good. I can very easily say that it has got a pristine audio quality which leaves most other brands behind. Very low noise floor. Absolute calm in playing music.

ravikumar-rotel

If any one interested let me know the BDP 450 brand new with box is available
7 year old product and still boxed & new?

Buy an used oppo from USA and import it through friends. You may to wait but it is worth it. Trust me I did the same! Wait time - 2 years!
you are right. the pioneer bdp450 which is outdated and 7 years old will not stand a chance against oppo

ibbynumb

7 year old product and still boxed & new?

you are right. the pioneer bdp450 which is outdated and 7 years old will not stand a chance against oppo
Yes it’s new and boxed I told that already..

Why do you wanted to compare this with Oppo. Although it’s outdated and old pioneer bdp450 it’s still a premium player.. the message is to the person who created and looking for the same player.. but I didn’t notice that it’s a very old thread before replying , I’m also seeing some one from this same thread sending a pm with
Nasty messages,

If don’t need and outdated don’t bother it keep moving instead of pm and sending filthy messages

I made a mistake of posting it here don’t wanted to continue further and I’m not selling it anymore and This model with me is also premium products,

And the Oppo which you are saying 103 104 is also a outdated and 7 year old product only..

Last edited:

Vinod.R

I am not interested in botching someone's sale but I guess having used about 10-12 models of pioneer dvd players and the pioneer 51FD blu ray player , I can say with confidence nothing matches Oppo for price versus convenience and features and performance. Forgot also used a wonderful Hitachi DVD player one of the high end ones. (Don't recall the model no)