Pioneer ELITE Receiver from 110V to 220V Will it work?

rlubocki

I recently moved from United States to Poland, taking with me Pioneer ELITE VSX-23TXH Home theater receiver. Will it work if I simply buy a step-down converter going from 220v ---> to 110V?

On the receiver it says:
Power Requirements AC 120 v, 60Hz

In Poland It is 220v 50Hz, if I get a step-down it only reduces volts but keeps 50Hz, so the receiver will be fed 110 but at 50Hz (Not 60 as recommended it), or will it buzz, or damage my receiver?

Or maybe could I get a Pioneer part (internal power supply) for European market and swap the component inside the receiver?

Any thought would be greatly appreciate it !

Last edited:
Hi Rublocki, as long as you step up to 240 V its fine. the Amplifier anyway converts this to DC inside so the frequency should not matter.
Do make sure that the step up transformer you buy is rated above the power rating of your Amplifier.

That's great news! All I need now is step-down converter. Power requirements in my Amp say 400 W , so will get a converter at least 600.

I recently moved from United States to Poland, taking with me Pioneer ELITE VSX-23TXH Home theater receiver. Will it work if I simply buy a step-down converter going from 220v ---> to 110V?

On the receiver it says:
Power Requirements AC 120 v, 60Hz

In Poland It is 220v 50Hz, if I get a step-down it only reduces volts but keeps 50Hz, so the receiver will be fed 110 but at 50Hz (Not 60 as recommended it), or will it buzz, or damage my receiver?

Or maybe could I get a Pioneer part (internal power supply) for European market and swap the component inside the receiver?

Any thought would be greatly appreciate it !
A step-down transformer will do the job, the voltage of +/- 10v, won't hamper your receiver, but you should confirm and discuss with the transformer supplier, regarding your requirement, and purchase one after complete resolution of your requirement.
You can check on Google and Amazon.
I hope this will help,
Regards

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back