Pioneer HTP-822ES - Opinions

sash

Hi folks,
I'm setting up a HT and am a newbie at this.
I want to begin with audio. My need is mostly movies with a little bit of music thrown in (80:20).
What do you think of the new Pioneer HTP-822ES?
HTP-822ES | Pioneer
Has anyone auditioned this set? I'm looking for good details and a solid punch (good bass) in my movie sound.
I'm also open to Yamaha 8900 series as that also falls in my budget.
I have about 50 - 70 K in budget for audio (5.1 + receiver).

for such a high budget cancel out HTIB package plan.
go for individual AVR
separate speakers..
for say 70k...
buy a AVR for 35k...its not impossible to get 5 speakers and a sub in 35k-45k....but you will lose quality...
buy step by step.
get a 35k avr and get a pair of bookshelv(fronts)...20k...a centre 15k...

buy the sub and surroundsd later..

since your priourty is movies mainly..can start with a real powerfull centre and a sub..as in 6 channel the main stuffs come from centre only...in that case buy fronts and surronds later when good in budget...

demo brands....onkyo/denon/yamaha/pioneer/maratz fror avr

for speakers..sonodyne/polk/wharfedale/..many more

onkyo-movies,denon-50:50 use and maratnz for true music....but thats a thumb rule only..you hear as many as possible tio decide whats good for your ear........

happy demo

Last edited:
Hi All

This is Shashi Singh. Currently in Boston. Planing to return India next month. I have bought speakers for home theater purpose as below:-

Brand- Pioneer
Bookshelf Speaker - 4 (Model - SP-BS41)
Center Channel Speaker - 1 (Model - SP-C21)
Woofer - 1 (Model - SW 8)

I got them individually for roughly $315. I dont know if its worth bringing home considering each of these boxes will cost me another $125 *4 =$500 through flight.

Please let me know if its worth taking this speakers back home in India ? I have yet to take the AV system. There are good choices but again Customs and other fuss comes into the picture.

Please advice. I completely novice on this but I would love to have a HT at home.

Kind regards
shashi singh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back