Pioneer Kuro Plasmas

murali

Being outside India, I find everywhere several Pioneer Kuro Plasma TVs on sale (end-of-the-year) at very competent prices. Can someone give me an idea whether these are available in Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin etc and if so, indicative prices (the best I find are 50" and 60" plasmas, models 5090 and 6090) so that I can evaluate the risks and benefits associated with purchase from abroad. I haven't seen a better TV after looking at these.

Thanks in advance.
murali

Check with these guys.

Pro-Audiotronics
G-18, Gem Plaza, Ground Floor, 66, Infantry Road, Bangalore- 560001
P: 080 41529090/41529091
M: 9945204615/9886737446

PS: Not sure if the numbers are still the same.

Being outside India, I find everywhere several Pioneer Kuro Plasma TVs on sale (end-of-the-year) at very competent prices. Can someone give me an idea whether these are available in Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin etc and if so, indicative prices (the best I find are 50" and 60" plasmas, models 5090 and 6090) so that I can evaluate the risks and benefits associated with purchase from abroad. I haven't seen a better TV after looking at these.

Thanks in advance.
murali

Kuro is the pinnacle of the flat panel television technology, once you watched HD in that you wont even consider looking at any other flat panels.

If you plan to buy it then get it abroad cause in India its very expensive, go for the 111FD or 500M or 500A 50 or 60" since the KRP series is the best of Kruro.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
murali

What is the approximate price the 50" is selling for?
I just want to know waht I miss.. ;)

BTW, Are you aware that the kuros you are looking at can be the last batch from pioneer? These are getting discontinued as the pioneers do not want to take the product lineup forward. This might well be the reason for the discount sale.

Also kuros are power hungry. They are the ones which created the tag "Plasmas take a large amount of power to operate". But, sure, to produce such pictures, the kuros need that kind of power consuption.

Panasonic has anyways bought the patents for Pioneer's plasma technologies. They are expected to incorporate them into newer plasmas in 2010/2011. We could get a hint of what's coming from them at the CES 2010 which would be held in the first week of January. Not necessary that all their models might show up on Indian shores but given the fact that Panasonic are increasing their product range here it might be worth a wait.

Last edited:
The 5090H is selling for around Rs 1.8 lakhs and the 6090 another lakh more. Some more discount is possible.
I watched the 60" Kuro and believe me, this is the TV to own. Just magnificent.
I also saw Panasonic's 42" G10, 50" V10 and 58" PY850. They are good but nowhere near the Kuros.
I wonder whether it will be cheaper to buy the Kuro from here even adding about 35% duty in India.
By the way, the most tempting deal is for the Kuro 42" older model (no 1080p) selling for around Rs 70,000. Even its picture quality is better than those HDTV of other manufacturers.

cheers.
murali

The 5090H is selling for around Rs 1.8 lakhs and the 6090 another lakh more. Some more discount is possible.
I watched the 60" Kuro and believe me, this is the TV to own. Just magnificent.
I also saw Panasonic's 42" G10, 50" V10 and 58" PY850. They are good but nowhere near the Kuros.
I wonder whether it will be cheaper to buy the Kuro from here even adding about 35% duty in India.
By the way, the most tempting deal is for the Kuro 42" older model (no 1080p) selling for around Rs 70,000. Even its picture quality is better than those HDTV of other manufacturers.

cheers.
murali

well you will need to get a 1000watts 220v to 110v convertor,not that the tv consumes that much,its the standard size after 500watts.
you will also need a ntsc to pal convertor.
the kuro is good because of the blacl levels and the image processing,so u will need a good pal to ntsc convertor.
the 42" kuro is nothing special,its based on a generation older panel.but has a good image processing.
so whether a kuro is worth buying from the US,is subjective.in india after sales support will be limited.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back