Pioneer regular Avr series facing complaints true or false?

anirudhevil

I wanted to buy Pioneer VSX- 531 or VSX - 1131. People have been telling that pioneer products are prone to complaints. I should steer away from them. Better choose Denon or Onkyo.

So is it actually true.? Please let me know guys. Would help a lot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

What is the complaining about? Price, service, looks,? Diff people have diff expectations some loftier than others.
Not price. It's like the electronic components inside are prone to failures. That's all.

How do you feel about it.?

Hi

The honest fact is that the AVRs you get today...most are made in China and are prone to have a short shelf life....very high end models are built to last for a longer time...

My advice is to purchase an AVR which fulfills your requirements in terms of connectivity, output, features, performance and budget...trust your ears and decide for yourself as you are the end user of the same......

Audition as much as you can to get some idea, read reviews posted on HFV and other sources...see some Youtube videos...make a proper informed decision...dont rush!

Hi

The honest fact is that the AVRs you get today...most are made in China and are prone to have a short shelf life....very high end models are built to last for a longer time..

Not sure this is accurate. My oldest Denon is still going strong with my nephew after 11 years. My current Yamaha is fine for past 4 years. Made in China.

In fact of the many components AVRs and speakers have been the most resilient over past 15 years or so other than cables. I can't say the same about amps, integrated or DACs since there are many, many more choices

I wanted to buy Pioneer VSX- 531 or VSX - 1131. People have been telling that pioneer products are prone to complaints. I should steer away from them. Better choose Denon or Onkyo.

So is it actually true.? Please let me know guys. Would help a lot.

I have been using Pioneer Vsx 1131 since last 8 months. As of now, there has been no complaints. Will update you after 6 months i.e. after expiry of warranty period :D

Not sure this is accurate. My oldest Denon is still going strong with my nephew after 11 years. My current Yamaha is fine for past 4 years. Made in China.

In fact of the many components AVRs and speakers have been the most resilient over past 15 years or so other than cables. I can't say the same about amps, integrated or DACs since there are many, many more choices

I dont intend to start a debate about personal opinions here but there are ample posts in HFV and google which support my statement.

Products made in the late 1990s are still working fine....I am using a Marantz which is approx 4 yrs old (SR series) working like a charm....I have friends with Denon AVRs (less than 1.5 years old) which has konked off after warranty...

I dont intend to start a debate about personal opinions here but there are ample posts in HFV and google which support my statement.

Products made in the late 1990s are still working fine....I am using a Marantz which is approx 4 yrs old (SR series) working like a charm....I have friends with Denon AVRs (less than 1.5 years old) which has konked off after warranty...
Not a debate man, I need a honest opinion. That's all.
I am interested in Pioneer, that's why.

I think the opinion has been provided....it is now upto you to decide if you want to pursue further to a specific brand......most of us have used many brands over the years and have moved upwards in the quest to own the best system.

I believe there is a Pioneers owner thread like the Onkyo/Yamaha/Taga/Marantz owners thread which may help....on HFV.....

Not a debate man, I need a honest opinion. That's all.
I am interested in Pioneer, that's why.

I have used Pioneer VSX830K for more than 1.5 years and it performs as strong as it did on the first day of purchase.
Because of market competition, almost every brand have a range of products and we have to pay for quality without a doubt.
Entry level AVRs do not come with quality components & features, compromise to keep the cost low. However, quality and features improve/add as you go up.
Avoid entry level product of any brand if money is not a concern and you should be a happy listener.
Enjoy.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back