Pioneer RS-33 HTiB (not really in a box)

GameMaster

Pioneer RS-33 Review HTiB(not really in a box)

Why I bought it
Well I am a owner of Pioneer rs-33 (actually went to buy the rs-32 but no stock), I have seen on this forum there re not many pioneer owner and I guessed the reason well also only a little later onwards.

My story starts by thinking that a good A/V to connect computer, TV and a DVD player is required and will use my existing speakers to do the job. So here I am ready to create a home theater, a Yamaha lover but don't have money so look for alternates as my speaker cant be run with any AVR properly I need to really invest in High end models, which I will still do in the later stages :rolleyes:

What are my choices budget 30k, my options where

Onkyo HTS 3400 - 33k
Yamaha YHT-298 - 32k
Pioneer HTP 071 - 22k

But later on after reviewing I understood if I buy any of these I need to later upgrade to a better speakers as none of these came with a good speakers. I needed a large speaker which my room acoustics is a nightmare. And the choice of upgrade was very not so likely to happen. So added the

Pioneer RS-32 - 33k and even decided on it. Then heard no stock anywhere so decided to move to the next model which is RS-33 (40k - Price was a bummer bought it in a hurry)

But here is my audition result:

Yamaha: Crisper sound - Great for music and occasional surround but very low impact on bass, I know lot of people would say NO, but seriously the bass is terrible replace your subs if you have got one

Pioneer HTP-07: Don't waste your time and money

Onkyo HTS 3400: Impressive amp, loved it even went to the extent of purchasing it and dud the stupid AVR freezes, the store guy said nothing first time it hangs and then again. So touched it and found it really hot remembered my other experience one of friends owns an Onkyo and complained about the heat issue, so did not take the risk. But a very powerful and feature rich amp buy it you homes air conditioned.

Pionner - RS 32: Impressive looks, fits my style but the amp was a bummer, did not deliver the deep bass it promised but music was sweet when i listened in it but not happy about the treble outputs. Went home and came after week after convincing myself.But no stock only the display piece is available.

And then auditioned the RS33 :
htp-rs33_ga_l@100331@l.jpg

Music clarity has increased, had better channel separation than the RS-32 and gave the deepest bass pretty impressive Bass for the budget. The front speaker towers performed better than rs-32 or Onkyo the dialog clarity of the audio reached nearly the Yamaha 298

So decided to push the budget get the stupid Pioneer Rs-33 even though the AVR is not up to the mark in terms of feature list just love the way it sounds for the price and the deep bass. But the feature which is missing is not a great concern for me. Its a good system to listen both music and movies on a equal share. My intention is achieved though I had to shell a little extra cash for it.

I wont say I am a proud owner but a heavily satisfied person. If I had another 8k I would have not have gone for this rather taken the Denon with JBL speaker package. Now even if I have to upgrade I need to upgrade the AVR later on but lets see if i really need the 192/24Khz as I don't have many songs or movies within that range.

Irritation with pioneer rs33 are: You need to switch off your AVR or RESET it if you are like me and always switching input but then it happens over any AVR over HDMI cable no proper component input could have provided it.

Best thing: Great bass, good phase control and love those looks. Speaker quality is good better than the RS-32

Please don't buy the RS-32 speaker set it had paper like quality which did not deliver.

In short a very good performer in budget for Music and Video at 50% 50% usage. But not a good choice to buy if you are gonna perform any upgrades on it later on.

How I auditioned:

Movies:
Transformers revenge of the fallen: Climax fight DTS 5.1 BD
Avengers : Climax fight BR Rip MKV AC3

Music:
Wrecking ball: Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball - YouTube : Audio clarity
Gangnan style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0: Bass test

Audio:
Tamil song mp3: 128 bit: Iruvar - Narumugaye - YouTube

Made the guy play again and again heheeh. Anyway this is my personal opinion if you guys think otherwise comment me. Also I would like to request if you guys get a lower quote than me send me a copy of the quote I can claim from my seller a credit note but it happens only in this month.

If you want anything tested on the RS-33 let me know. I have hooked up my computer, DVD player, my ps3 and my sundhd setup box.

Last edited:
Re: Pioneer RS-33 Review HTiB(not really in a box)

Game master ,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I checked in Reliance mount road and they told no change in the speakers. They are giving RS 32 speakers + AVR 323.

Please help me to find RS 33 speakers. Where did u get it ?

Regarding the RS -33 , is it gud with surround ? did u tried avatar

Why I bought it
Well I am a owner of Pioneer rs-33 (actually went to buy the rs-32 but no stock), I have seen on this forum there re not many pioneer owner and I guessed the reason well also only a little later onwards.

My story starts by thinking that a good A/V to connect computer, TV and a DVD player is required and will use my existing speakers to do the job. So here I am ready to create a home theater, a Yamaha lover but don't have money so look for alternates as my speaker cant be run with any AVR properly I need to really invest in High end models, which I will still do in the later stages :rolleyes:

What are my choices budget 30k, my options where

Onkyo HTS 3400 - 33k
Yamaha YHT-298 - 32k
Pioneer HTP 071 - 22k

But later on after reviewing I understood if I buy any of these I need to later upgrade to a better speakers as none of these came with a good speakers. I needed a large speaker which my room acoustics is a nightmare. And the choice of upgrade was very not so likely to happen. So added the

Pioneer RS-32 - 33k and even decided on it. Then heard no stock anywhere so decided to move to the next model which is RS-33 (40k - Price was a bummer bought it in a hurry)

But here is my audition result:

Yamaha: Crisper sound - Great for music and occasional surround but very low impact on bass, I know lot of people would say NO, but seriously the bass is terrible replace your subs if you have got one

Pioneer HTP-07: Don't waste your time and money

Onkyo HTS 3400: Impressive amp, loved it even went to the extent of purchasing it and dud the stupid AVR freezes, the store guy said nothing first time it hangs and then again. So touched it and found it really hot remembered my other experience one of friends owns an Onkyo and complained about the heat issue, so did not take the risk. But a very powerful and feature rich amp buy it you homes air conditioned.

Pionner - RS 32: Impressive looks, fits my style but the amp was a bummer, did not deliver the deep bass it promised but music was sweet when i listened in it but not happy about the treble outputs. Went home and came after week after convincing myself.But no stock only the display piece is available.

And then auditioned the RS33 :
htp-rs33_ga_l@100331@l.jpg

Music clarity has increased, had better channel separation than the RS-32 and gave the deepest bass pretty impressive Bass for the budget. The front speaker towers performed better than rs-32 or Onkyo the dialog clarity of the audio reached nearly the Yamaha 298

So decided to push the budget get the stupid Pioneer Rs-33 even though the AVR is not up to the mark in terms of feature list just love the way it sounds for the price and the deep bass. But the feature which is missing is not a great concern for me. Its a good system to listen both music and movies on a equal share. My intention is achieved though I had to shell a little extra cash for it.

I wont say I am a proud owner but a heavily satisfied person. If I had another 8k I would have not have gone for this rather taken the Denon with JBL speaker package. Now even if I have to upgrade I need to upgrade the AVR later on but lets see if i really need the 192/24Khz as I don't have many songs or movies within that range.

Irritation with pioneer rs33 are: You need to switch off your AVR or RESET it if you are like me and always switching input but then it happens over any AVR over HDMI cable no proper component input could have provided it.

Best thing: Great bass, good phase control and love those looks. Speaker quality is good better than the RS-32

Please don't buy the RS-32 speaker set it had paper like quality which did not deliver.

In short a very good performer in budget for Music and Video at 50% 50% usage. But not a good choice to buy if you are gonna perform any upgrades on it later on.

How I auditioned:

Movies:
Transformers revenge of the fallen: Climax fight DTS 5.1 BD
Avengers : Climax fight BR Rip MKV AC3

Music:
Wrecking ball: Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball - YouTube : Audio clarity
Gangnan style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0: Bass test

Audio:
Tamil song mp3: 128 bit: Iruvar - Narumugaye - YouTube

Made the guy play again and again heheeh. Anyway this is my personal opinion if you guys think otherwise comment me. Also I would like to request if you guys get a lower quote than me send me a copy of the quote I can claim from my seller a credit note but it happens only in this month.

If you want anything tested on the RS-33 let me know. I have hooked up my computer, DVD player, my ps3 and my sundhd setup box.

Game master ,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I checked in Reliance mount road and they told no change in the speakers. They are giving RS 32 speakers + AVR 323.

Please help me to find RS 33 speakers. Where did u get it ?

Regarding the RS -33 , is it good with surround ? did u tried avatar

As I have already said the speakers are slightly different not in shape but in quality of audio, I am not sure whether its the speaker or the amp but sounds great compared to the RS-32. Once I come back home on Monday I'll let you know the speaker model number and sub woofer model number.

Yes surround mode and surround speakers was one of the best thing in this set and i really loved it, the bass really lives when an helicopter flys-by and you can hear the rubble noises of the falling building in the transformers movie clearly. The Dolby DEMOS played beautifully also.

Congrats How much you paid for the system?

That's my sad part, a whooping 39k. But could have got it cheaper from another dealer but was in a rush to close the deal. Torvin systems said they could do the same in 37k it seems.

That's my sad part, a whooping 39k. But could have got it cheaper from another dealer but was in a rush to close the deal. Torvin systems said they could do the same in 37k it seems.

Hi GameMaster,

I am interested in buying the RS 33 too. went to reliance digital and they are quoting 39,999/- I called up torvin system and they told me they dont deal in pioneer but only yamaha and their brand.

Could you please advice on the buy?

Hi GameMaster,

I am interested in buying the RS 33 too. went to reliance digital and they are quoting 39,999/- I called up torvin system and they told me they dont deal in pioneer but only yamaha and their brand.

Could you please advice on the buy?

Which reliance digital shop are you visiting? Are you in Chennai?

I will be happy to give my bill copy which states lesser price. Or if you can come to Chrompet Reliance digital, I can assist you purchasing your Pioneer RS-33 for the same price as mine.

Thanks for your help buddy, but did an audition with my wife and she feels rs33 is too sharp and she liked the denon x500. Fingers crossed now!

Hi Gamemaster, I know I am bit late to this discussion, but, I would like to check with you as I am planning to buy RS33 this week and I got to know that the peaker is now 42K in Reliance Digital Mount Road,

Can you please guide me to a place in chennai where I can get this speaker in a lesser price?

Check autonode.in they might have the lowest price for Pioneer market. And how much is the HTP-43 because in the website it says 52700. But for that price you can go AJ series

I am not new to this forum. In fact people in this forum only guided me for purchasing LG Plasma 4 years back. Now I am going to replace my old Sony DVD home theatre with an AVR package. I was planning to buy yamaha 299 but it is not available. I liked the speaker package of RS 33 and RS 43. Today I got a chance to audition RS 33 at reliance digital Thrissur. Price quoted is 45000 along with a Samsung 3D bluray player. I like this package and also wanted to check RS 43 which as per company's website feature RS 77 TB speakers instead of RS 33 TB in RS33. Pls give your views.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back