Pioneer VSX-329-K AVR for Pioneer AJ-5235XT Speaker Set

goodyet

Hello HiFiVisionaries!

I'm not an audiophile. What made me land on this forum is the intense research I do online before buying. I don't posses any audiophine grade devises yet. I'm doing my first HT purchase. I'm aquainted with a HT dealer in my town who'll be supplying me AVR and speakers. The dealer told me that I should go for Denon 1100 AVR, which is priced above 40k, to suit AJ-5235XT speakers. But it is out of my budget. I was planning to go for an entry level AVR and chose Pioneer VSX-329-K. I don't require much bells and wistles on the AVR: I just was HDMI 2.0 and AV passthrough when AVR is on standby mode. Pioneer VSX-329-K provides 105W per channel. Only AJ floor standers have max wattage of 130. Other speakers are below 105 wattage limit. I read that if the output power of the AVR is within the min and max wattage limit of the speakers, I will not be doing harm to the speakers, provided I will not crank up the volume very high. The price and features of the AVR are resonable. So, my question is would I make the right choce if I buy Pioneer VSX-329-K AVR for Pioneer AJ-5235XT Speaker Set?

What is your budget for AVR & speakers ? There are plenty of speakers brands aval for any given budget...If you are open to speaker brands, FM can help you with choices....

I have already placed order for Pioneer AJ-5235XT Speaker Set. Priviously, my budge for avr was 25k. Now I have increased it to 40k. Still undecided about which avr to buy. I'm looking for one released in 2014 which has less bells and wistles, but gives good audio output.

I bought AJ 5.1 with Pioneer 523 and I am quite happy with it and its features.Hope it helps,try to listen to a few to see if you like a special flavor of music.

@goodyet: I am also moving towards to the same setup with Yamaha RXV477 with Pioneer AJ-5235XT. Please can you share your experience with this combo? Would you recommend to go with this setup or any alternate?

thanks

I actually went for AJ-5237ZT 7.1 Channel Speaker Package. The reasons why I chose the above package, evethough I bought 5.1 channel AVR, was I wanted a bigger sub woofer and also I wanted a pair of bookslves to pair with a Norge amp for use at the place where I stay beacuse of my job. If you have a larger room, go for the bigger sub whoofer (S-MS3SW). You can ask for the bigger woofer even with the 5.1 package.

I have installed it in a large room: 24 x 12 feet in size and I have never been able to raise the volume above -20db while watching movies becuase of the loudness. With music I can't think of raising it above -25db.

The SQ, bass and everything is mindblowing. I can't think of something as good for such a price. I got the speaker package for Rs. 60,500 and the Yamaha - rxv 477 for Rs. 38700.

you have a larger room, go for the bigger sub whoofer (S-MS3SW). You can ask for the bigger woofer even with the 5.1 package.
qc88rx

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back