• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Plain Vinyl Record for "Anti skate adjustment"

HiFiMART.com

Tanoj

Hi Friends,

iam looking for Plain Vinyl Record for "Anti skate adjustment"

Regards,

Tanoj

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Selvin

Hi Friends,

iam looking for Plain Vinyl Record for "Anti skate adjustment"

Regards,

Tanoj
Hi Tanoj..

This is one to find difficult. You may use Laser Disc as an alternative. Which is also 12inch size.

G401fan

You need a grooved record for the stylus to be subjected to skate, which is a vector force caused by the offset angle of the cartridge/headshell combination to the linear axis of the tonearm. This force, i.e.skate, is only activated when the groove is in motion, not otherwise. A blank record will just cause the stylus to slide all over the place.

Your best bet is to go with the anti-skate settings recommended by the tonearm manufacturer, and hope for the best.

Simon Wires

You need a grooved record for the stylus to be subjected to skate, which is a vector force caused by the offset angle of the cartridge/headshell combination to the linear axis of the tonearm. This force, i.e.skate, is only activated when the groove is in motion, not otherwise. A blank record will just cause the stylus to slide all over the place.

Your best bet is to go with the anti-skate settings recommended by the tonearm manufacturer, and hope for the best.
A point to ponder about using non grooved disc (LD), to balance the centric forces is, tracking force

A clip from another from

{{{{One technique I have used is to find an old LP that you do not care about which has a large section of the lead-out groove. The lead-out groove is the area around the center of the LP after all the music tracks are completely finished. You will notice that this area is shinny since it has a widely-spaced lead-out groove. Place the stylus (very carefully) on this shinny part of the LP. If you have zero anti-skating set, the stylus will zip right away towards the spindle (because there is so much centrifugal force on it). As you gradually start increasing the anti-skating (the operative word here is "gradually"!) you will notice that the speed at which the stylus moves towards the spindle/center gradually slows down. Keep increasing the anti-skating until - you guessed it correctly! - you see the stylus move outwards i.e. away from the spindle/center. At this point you have too much anti-skating! Back off/reduce the amount of anti-skating such that the stylus slowly moves towards the spindle/center. Note that you will have to carefully put the stylus on the shinny lead-out groove part again & again as you gradually adjust the amount of anti-skating.}}}}

Tanoj

Hi Friends,

Thank you for pouring in your thoughts,

where can i find a Laser Disc ?

Regards

Tanoj

reubensm

If you can't locate a laser disc, you can even use a clean Perspex disk (which you can get fabricated locally)

Simon Wires

Tanoj, I have plenty..

Though we both live close by, the fast life of blore don't make us to meet..

Do you remember ; I couldn't pick up your Christmas album LP gift..

PM your address .. Will courier one..

BTW, pls ponder to what G401fan said..

It has a valid technical point too

SPONSORED ADS