Planing for upgrade

MOUSUM8

Hi there,
Presently I am having a system comprising of Cambridge audio 351a amplifier, Cambridge audio 351c cd player with Q acoustics 2020i bookshelf speaker alongwith DacMagic 100 external DAC. Now I planning for a upgrade. I am thinking about a few combinations, (considering my budget)
1. Audiolab 6000a with Q Acoustics 3050i
2. Audiolab 6000a with Klipsch RP 600m
3. Cambridge Audio CXA60 with Q Acoustics 3050i
4. Cambridge Audio CXA60 with Klipsch RP 600m
Any suggestion ?

In my opinion Cambridge Audio with Klipsch not a good combo..
Audiolab 6000a with Q Acoustics 3050i. this would be smooth sounding (both amp and speker are sweet sounding, specially the audiolab mid range performance attract me) and in my opinion its perform well instead of other three.
In other wise you can pair with a tube amp with klipsch rp 600 and it will be definately beats all aobve.

I've very recently finalised and now using 6000A with RP 600M. And am just loving the combination.
I did auditioned the Q Acoustics 3050i that as Sandip here suggested sweet sounding, but I found RP 600M managed to impressed me more after hearing almost all genre & frequencies of music.
I am lucky enough to carry around my Audiolab Amp with me to various showroom in Delhi NCR and these dealers were sweet enough to allow me to test their speakers with my own amp, making my search & decision easier.
Hope you get to choose the best for yourself.

I've very recently finalised and now using 6000A with RP 600M. And am just loving the combination.
I did auditioned the Q Acoustics 3050i that as Sandip here suggested sweet sounding, but I found RP 600M managed to impressed me more after hearing almost all genre & frequencies of music.
I am lucky enough to carry around my Audiolab Amp with me to various showroom in Delhi NCR and these dealers were sweet enough to allow me to test their speakers with my own amp, making my search & decision easier.
Hope you get to choose the best for yourself.
Detail review about rp600m. How was the sound stage and scale, depth etc. Is it recommend for hindi genre mostly flim music, classical music.
In reviews rp600m got many awards. Hope you will describe well.

Thanks guys, I am leaning towards Audiolab 6000a with Q acoustics 3050i cause I feel some music needs a bit more of low frequency then the bookshelf speakers and I already know the sound signature of Q acoustics.

Detail review about rp600m. How was the sound stage and scale, depth etc. Is it recommend for hindi genre mostly flim music, classical music.
In reviews rp600m got many awards. Hope you will describe well.
Sandip da !!!! This is like a viva test :)) . Apologies, but am not as pro as you and others are, here. I think it will take time, experience and knowledge from this forum on this skill to explain the music.

I can just mention that the Klipsch RP 600M does justice to almost every genre. Including indian classical or/and older hindi or bollywood music. In fact most of my collection are old hindi and bengali songs, indian classical, western classical & some jazz. I tried to place the speakers exactly at ear levels, followed the 2:3 ratio for distance between the two speakers: distance from the centre to listening position and I must say that Klipsch too needs that sweet spot for the listener to appreciate the perfect output.
Was listening to Art Blakey last evening with closed eyes and I could really feel myself at the performance/in-front-of-the-stage. The trumpet never distorted while the drums just felt like real ones.
These are amateur language & feelings. And maybe am over excited since I got to hear such crisp audio for the first time, after listening to Bose and other bluetooth speakers all these years.

Thanks guys, I am leaning towards Audiolab 6000a with Q acoustics 3050i cause I feel some music needs a bit more of low frequency then the bookshelf speakers and I already know the sound signature of Q acoustics.
try varity of music with this combo and then finalize it..

Hi there,
Presently I am having a system comprising of Cambridge audio 351a amplifier, Cambridge audio 351c cd player with Q acoustics 2020i bookshelf speaker alongwith DacMagic 100 external DAC. Now I planning for a upgrade. I am thinking about a few combinations, (considering my budget)
1. Audiolab 6000a with Q Acoustics 3050i
2. Audiolab 6000a with Klipsch RP 600m
3. Cambridge Audio CXA60 with Q Acoustics 3050i
4. Cambridge Audio CXA60 with Klipsch RP 600m
Any suggestion ?
Hello @MOUSUM8
I'm in a similar boat and considering the Audiolab 6000a and the Cambridge Audio CXA60 to pair with my Q Acoustics 3050i.
Were you able to audition the CXA60?
How's the Audiolab performing with your towers now?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back