Planning for an LED projector - Suggestions please..

elangoas

Hi All,

At present have an Egate P531 LCD-LED PJ (1280 x 800 res, approx 500 ANSI Lumens), potentially looking for an upgrade in the form of LED light source PJ..

Requirements : Native HD / FHD resolution with more Lumens ..
Usage : for 6 - 8 hrs /day in a living room..
Screen size - 96 inch diagonal..
Distance between PJ & screen approx 10 feet..
Budget - Lesser the better..
Any other key features that are worth looking at ?..

I liked the Xgimi H1 / H1S, but would like to consider other equivalent models..

Take epson very good and most of the calibration settings for our needs can be found on the web. Either posted by users or from the professional reviews.
Buying a lesser known brand may not be the best choice as there won't be software to fine tune it. Also it may not be certified.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Take epson very good and most of the calibration settings for our needs can be found on the web. Either posted by users or from the professional reviews.

Sure.. Will consider.. Which model?

Buying a lesser known brand may not be the best choice as there won't be software to fine tune it.

I understand.. But, the lesser known chinese brands offer great features for very attractive price, especially the AAXA M6.. A FHD, DLP-LED PJ with 30,000 hrs of lamp life for $600 is juz hard to ignore..

The comparison youtube videos of these models with mainstream PJ is very encouraging..

Also it may not be certified.

Did you mean ISF (or) any other?..

To the best of my knowledge, Epson makes only LCD projectors. Since the OP is looking for a projector which will be used for 6 - 8 hours a day, I think any lamp based projector is out of the question.

I think you cannot go wrong with the XGIMI H1/H1S projectors. I have not seen one personally but most of the reviews out there indicate that this is a projector which punches well above its weight. Just make sure that you do not overpay for it. In India it costs well over 80,000 which is too much.

Sure.. Will consider.. Which model?

I understand.. But, the lesser known chinese brands offer great features for very attractive price, especially the AAXA M6.. A FHD, DLP-LED PJ with 30,000 hrs of lamp life for $600 is juz hard to ignore..

The comparison youtube videos of these models with mainstream PJ is very encouraging..

Did you mean ISF (or) any other?..
I always PQ above all.
Features are a decorative object used to hide the proper quality of the product. If PQ is the best and no features will be always my preference over the vice versa.

I meant ISF certificates. [emoji16]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi All,

At present have an Egate P531 LCD-LED PJ (1280 x 800 res, approx 500 ANSI Lumens), potentially looking for an upgrade in the form of LED light source PJ..

Requirements : Native HD / FHD resolution with more Lumens ..
Usage : for 6 - 8 hrs /day in a living room..
Screen size - 96 inch diagonal..
Distance between PJ & screen approx 10 feet..
Budget - Lesser the better..
Any other key features that are worth looking at ?..

I liked the Xgimi H1 / H1S, but would like to consider other equivalent models..

Why dont you hold on for some more time until native 4k projectors become mainstream? That will indeed be an upgrade worth your money

Wait until 4k projectors become mainstream? That will be a long wait indeed. And, when and if it does become mainstream then it will still be very expensive. Especially if you are looking for native 4k LED projectors.

I think you cannot go wrong with the XGIMI H1/H1S projectors. I have not seen one personally but most of the reviews out there indicate that this is a projector which punches well above its weight.

Yes.. All videos and reviews are very encouraging..

Looks like H1S is an improvement over already wonderful H1..

Just make sure that you do not overpay for it. In India it costs well over 80,000 which is too much.

Yes.. You are right..They are no official distributor in India at this moment.. But aval thru aliexpress/ebay.in and very expensive..

Am tentatively planning to get from US/Asian countries, thru my friends, during Christmas/new year sale.. In the mean time evaluating options from mainstream PJ brands (comparable models) to buy it locally if feasible..

4K is not the route to go now, only Sony is with native 4K and more importantly content itself is very lacking in 4K.

However, one can consider 4K for the upscaling factor, that works the same as TVs. Optoma 4K is a good buy in this regard.

Otherwise lots of good budget options from Amazon.com for $500 to $1000. Lots of good reviews for even budget Chinese ones like DBPOWER and these start at $99.

Many of them offer delivery to India, makes a lot of sense compared to the highway robbery prices of local dealers.

I've used a Chinese brand myself, very satisfied with it too. After that I picked up an Optoma for around $500 in a deal and very happy with it... and it was a huge upgrade too. I'd say go with a 4K if you can, but otherwise the PJs around the $500 to $800 mark on Amazon will make anyone happy.

I always PQ above all.

True..

Features are a decorative object used to hide the proper quality of the product. If PQ is the best and no features will be always my preference over the vice versa.

Feature just enhance user experience, and some are real critical..

I meant ISF certificates. [emoji16]

My previous AVR & my present AVR have this functionality.. Honestly have no idea on this.. Did read, but vaguely understand that it you need a certified ISF calibrator to tweak the display?..

Why dont you hold on for some more time until native 4k projectors become mainstream? That will indeed be an upgrade worth your money

I think, it would take a long time for 4K PJ to be around $500 - $600.. Until then, i don't want to loose the goodness of large screen experience..

Most of my usage will be 1080i HD broadcasts and PC (720p/1080p).. Want to build upon sources that i mostly use than chasing something that i can't afford..

Wait until 4k projectors become mainstream? That will be a long wait indeed. And, when and if it does become mainstream then it will still be very expensive. Especially if you are looking for native 4k LED projectors.

You nailed it..

Please check LG PW1500. Its not hd but good. One of my friend is using LG PW550 colour reproduction and contrast are good.

Gathered few models, listing them here in NO order of preference..

Xgimi H1 / H1S

Optoma ML 750

LG PF1500W

Acer K335

Dell M115HD

AAXA M6

Casio XJ-F210WN

Nebula Mars

Casio XJ-V10X

Egate K9

Please add any more models if it has been missed out..

Optoma ML 750, Acer K335, Dell M115HD, Casio XJ-F210WN, Casio XJ-V10X and Egate K9 are not full HD

By the way, I am also in same boat and looking for a full HD PJ

Optoma ML 750, Acer K335, Dell M115HD, Casio XJ-F210WN, Casio XJ-V10X and Egate K9 are not full HD

True.. Included in the list because some models have higher lumen output even though it is HD..

Also assuming one has a 100 inch diagonal screen and at a distance of 10feet, HD Vs FHD can't be differentiated i guess..

By the way, I am also in same boat and looking for a full HD PJ

Great..

Egate K9 is mostly a re-branded Chinese PJ, but 1280x 800 res, uses DLP-LED and abt 600 ANSI lumens..One significant advantage with E Gate is, you can directly negotiate the price (slightly) with the company and get extra 2 yrs warranty.. So you are covered for 3 yrs..

True.. Included in the list because some models have higher lumen output even though it is HD..

Also assuming one has a 100 inch diagonal screen and at a distance of 10feet, HD Vs FHD can't be differentiated i guess..

I also thought the same until I personally realised that HD ready and Full HD are indeed different leagues, especially in PJ world. Please don't fall for anything lower than 1080p

LED projectors are just a stop gap tech. If I were you I would look for a laser projector assuming you intend to keep it for a few years. The LG HF80JA is the only affordable model right now.

I also thought the same until I personally realised that HD ready and Full HD are indeed different leagues, especially in PJ world. Please don't fall for anything lower than 1080p

1080p also should fall with in our budget :)

LED projectors are just a stop gap tech. If I were you I would look for a laser projector assuming you intend to keep it for a few years. The LG HF80JA is the only affordable model right now.

Looks good.. At $1,300, It is not in my budget... Am looking upto $850 (50K) as maximum.. I like the LG PF 1500W..

I think you are the one who owns Xgimi H1 on the forum.. How is it for daytime viewing ?

1080p also should fall with in our budget :)

Wait for thanks giving deals in amazon.com and you should get a good FHD PJ within 50k INR. I am also waiting for the same....

And as @danielnaveen said, 4k laser PJs are something which everyone will dream of, provided it comes within our budget. :lol: I think I have watched the youtube review of 'xiaomi Mi Laser Projector' a 100 times... :yahoo:

I think you are the one who owns Xgimi H1 on the forum.. How is it for daytime viewing ?

It really depends on the screen you use it with. With my black widow paint, it looks amazing upto 70~75 inches in daylight. But at the current 98 inches its watchable with bright sunlight but shadow details take a massive hit.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back