Planning to buy a Home theater...

lalitsharma22

I am planning to buy a home theater. Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon are the brands I am thinking of. My budget is 30k to 40 k. Please help me find the best with in this range. I am also okay if there is any other brand ( But not sony, phillips n lg :cool:). Thanks in advance !

If you are looking for a home theater in a box kind of a setup, it will fall in this budget. This is assuming that you already own a display (TV) and media player (DVD player etc.) If you need dedicated AV Receiver and speakers, then it will be way off from this budget.
Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha offer you decent HTB solutions under this budget.

if this will be ur first HT, then look for onkyo 3400 or denon 1312xp they are equally goos and should be in your budget, dont go for any philips sony samsung etc , they dont come close to these professional systems, search threads here you will find lots of info already discussed and try to get an audition for these to suite ur taste

Hi All,

I spoke to one Onkyo authorized dealer in gurgaon. He is giving the Onkyo 3400 @ 28 k . Just wanted to check if this is the reasonable price as of now. Thanks again.

onkyo and denon prices have risen these days, chec the price of denon 1312xp, if its near 30K, then I would recommend that since it is upgradable, it has provision for active woofer whereas onkyo 3400 does not have....I have owned 1312xp and its quite a nice package, but onkyo is equally good as per many reviews posted here

ask the dealer to give you an audition for both and choose the one which you like the most

What TV do you own or plan to upgrade to, it will be critical in choosing your HT setup

Before you buy a home theater, estimate the room size that you will be using the hometheater in. there are a lot of factors to consider before choosing a home theater system. first is the room size. 2. whats the sesitivity of your speakers. 3. would the amplifier power be sufficient to attain the required db at the listening position. etc. please research a little bit as this is not rocket science and you would know what suits you best.
what you can audition at the stores is the fidelity of the speakers and not whether they would actually fit your room conditions. best is to audition and find out whether you like the speakers/system combo and verify whether that would suit your needs. i have known a lot of people who buy it based on brands and end up not really getting satisfied with the systems. so please research and build your system for long term satisfaction

Hi,

As saj2001 suggested both the models he had recommended make a good entry level HTIB under 40k budget without the display.
Have heard denon 1312xp and is a good model but u can audition it yourself to take your pick.
Good for you dish tv , movies and light music but not so good for rock music.
If your needs are basic the two models should be a great choice to consider.

I'm offering my entire HT for sale which is less than 2 yrs old. Following is the config:

Onkyo TX-NR3007
Onkyo iPod Doc
Martin Logan Preface (floor standing) - 2 Nos.
Martin Logan Vignette (center)
Martin Logan Abyss (Sub Woofer)
Definitive Pro Monitor 800 (surround) - 2
Add On's: 2 x 50' monster cable for surround; monster cable for center & floor
standing, Belkin surge protector

Also have Samsung 58" plasma for sale, model No. PN58B860

Contact me on email for details.

Sanjeev
[email protected]

I forgot to update in the forum that I finally purchased Onkyo 3500(B) :)recently. Thank you guys for helping me buying it.

There is one more thing I wanna ask that for having the dolby feeling from audio songs which format I should have. Is that the audio cd's come with that effect. Thanks again !

I forgot to update in the forum that I finally purchased Onkyo 3500(B) :)recently. Thank you guys for helping me buying it.

There is one more thing I wanna ask that for having the dolby feeling from audio songs which format I should have. Is that the audio cd's come with that effect. Thanks again !

The source should be in DTS or Dolby Digital format.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats latlit! How much did you get this for and from where?
Even I plan to buy one!

I am planning to buy a home theater. Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon are the brands I am thinking of. My budget is 30k to 40 k. Please help me find the best with in this range. I am also okay if there is any other brand ( But not sony, phillips n lg :cool:). Thanks in advance !

Hi, in your given budget the Onkyo HT-S3500 and Denon 1312XP would be best. Demo both the systems with various content and then decide. The onkyo HT-S3400 is now replaced with the HT-S3500.

However, seperates are always better. So, if you can stretch the budget a bit then getting an entry level receiver like denon 1312 + 5.1 satellite speaker system would always give you better sound.

Hi, in your given budget the Onkyo HT-S3500 and Denon 1312XP would be best. Demo both the systems with various content and then decide. The onkyo HT-S3400 is now replaced with the HT-S3500.

However, seperates are always better. So, if you can stretch the budget a bit then getting an entry level receiver like denon 1312 + 5.1 satellite speaker system would always give you better sound.

Aakash looks like you didn't read lalit's last post he has mentioned that he has already purchased Onkyo 3500 :)

Hi Andy,

I purchased Onkyo 3500 (B) from ' THE SNOB SHOP' located at SF3, 2nd floor, MGF Metropolitan Mall. Gurgaon. He qouted 28000 initially but I paid him 27000. With this whatever extra wiring was required for the rear speakers was complimentry. Let me knbow if you need any other details.

-Lalit

If you like to hear your stereo recordings in 5.1 effect, you can use the Dolby Prologic II mode in you HT(I guess Onkyo 3500 is having the same)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back