Planning to buy monoprice bookshelf speaker need some inputs

pulkitanchalia

I am interested in buying book shelf speakers and my budget is around 5k-6k.I know you don't get good bookshelf speakers under this range but I came across one brand "Monoprice" which is a very famous brand in US .It makes cheap products(including speakers) but they are of good quality(this is what i heard).

For only $23.79 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6 1/2 Inches 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Black

As this item is available in US for 50$(including shipping) only but when shipped to india it is costing 200$ so doesn't make any sense to buy from there.

I am getting same speakers on ibhejo.com for 5800/-.seems like a best deal to me.So after the complete background I have few question in my mind.

1)Does anyone have used monoprice speakers?are these good?
2)power capacity is 80w, is this for single speaker or both?
3)what specification of amplifier is required(in watts)?
(you can see the specifications by clicking the link)

If the site is reliable, this seems to be the best price for Monoprice bookshelf in India. For an initial budget set up I think these can be considered. Monoprice is famous for good products with lowest possible price. They infact provided the exact copy of Energy take classic speakers. Though they are withdrawn after dispute with Klipsch.

Just in case you buy, please post your review for the benefit of other FMs who can not spend a fortune in a hifi system

R, Vinay

ibhejo.com a good website ,

They have an option of requesting any product from USA .

I have some music system through them from USA online website

You request your item and check the pricing

Send a custom request for any item you may find on any U.S. website. iBhejo will review your request, list the item on our site and send you the link to purchase it directly through us for a low all-inclusive price that will include all charges for procuring that item and delivering it to you

iBhejo.com-Shop International Watches, Mobiles, Cameras ,Computers & much more products Online

Look at our classified section of our forum and sites like quickr.com . The monoprice speakers that you are referring are not good, i bought them once and returned them. I felt it was very bright and mid range started distorting when volume was increased and bass was almost not there.

A friend of mine said he replaced the wires inside and it improved SQ i dont know the details though. I would stay away from them. Look for used speakers at 6-7k.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back