Planning to Purchase Denon 1500h from singapore.

titlingkm

My brother is in Singapore and I am planning to purchase a Denon AVR X1500H from there. Any issues will be there( like not work in 230volts.) Kindly pls provide suggestion.

Singapore uses 230v 50hz power supply - same as India. You will have no issues on that front - just make sure that the same power ratings are mentioned for the unit.
Local Denon service centre may not provide warranty for items procured overseas.
If it is brought to India as personal luggage, customs duty is applicable. Check the cost difference before finalizing.

My brother is in Singapore and I am planning to purchase a Denon AVR X1500H from there. Any issues will be there( like not work in 230volts.) Kindly pls provide suggestion.
power supply same as india ... Will not have any issues with power. Only you need to purchase indian power switch converter, singapore power switch is different.
Remember cannot claim warranty from india.,and most of brand deny service in india if its purchased outside india. You also need to pay cutom charges of 30% i guess. I havent seen very big difference in price in india & singapore.

Better purchase from india itself.

Unless there is a huge difference in price India vs Singapore then make the purchase..provided the following risks are factored in:

• Weight of the AVR..excess baggage
  • Customs at Airport, unless someone is known for a way out...
  • Warranty which is required for various claims
There are many dealers in your location / India, check and see who offers the best price with gst bill and warranty.....all the best

And since you are bringing it from Singapore, make sure you buy a higher end model, so that the cost difference and hassles of importing it is worth it, instead of a basic model X1500H.

If I were you and could afford it, I would be looking at X8500H at least.

go for it. i stay in Singapore and prices for AVR and amplifiers are almost quite cheap in Singapore, specially the outgoing models. Tell your brother to get the original bill of purchase, which your brother can show at airport (if asked for)to avoid any customs duty.
It will work in India, however you will require a plug adapter (if your wall socket is not universal type), as the socket is different in Singapore. Alternatively, you can purchase good quality cable from local hardware shop, as it is possible to detach the cable from AVR. Also take a look at marantz SR5013, roughly 50 dollars more.

good deal.
I have been using 1500H since an year and i feel its very good 7.2 avr.
If possible try to get higher versions like 2400h or more since they have more power output and I strongly recommend it.

I would agree to what musicmadness has said above. Infact, I suggest you get the x3500, which right now is available around 850 Singapore dollars. This one also with original receipt can avoid customs duty.
X3500 has better audyssey than x1500 and x2500 and also more importantly, it has preouts, which can be later used for separate amplification, if you choose to upgrade.
Also X 3500 has 2 separate individually controlled subwoofer outputs, which is great if you decide to go dual subs.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back