Planning to purchase Xtreamer Prodigy...Any thoughts?

I am also planning the same.. can get it shipped from US with relatives..
But can someone tell that is it better than HiMedia 600B or popcorn A210?
any thoughts?

I am also planning the same.. can get it shipped from US with relatives..
But can someone tell that is it better than HiMedia 600B or popcorn A210?
any thoughts?

Prodigy is based on Realtek 1186 chipset and it supports 3D movies. Himedia is based on 1185. From the specs, it seems that xtreamer prodigy is better than himedia.

Yes, 1186 is the latest and most advanced chipset from Realtek. I think in a month of two other manufacturers will also come out with new models with this chipset. On the net, I have seen previews of Himedia and Measy models with this chipset.

The specs which xtreamer are talking about is of 1186 chipset and they are comparing to 1185 chipset which other manufacturers are providing. henceforth looks amazing, Im not sure if I should wait for others to release 1186 chipset players and then check pricing.

Prodigy is based on Realtek 1186 chipset and it supports 3D movies. Himedia is based on 1185. From the specs, it seems that xtreamer prodigy is better than himedia.
@Baiju, while searching for media players,
I came across this..
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1308179
and this
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312612
and
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1197867

what are your views about it, sir?
according to them sigma chipset is better than realtek for PQ..
so WD TV LIVE will be good enough?
certainly would like to have DTS-TRUE HD and DOLBY TRUE HD..
whats the difference between audio pass through and down mix?
my receiver supports all formats, BTW...

looking for your valuable input..

I have no experience with sigma chipset players and so can't comment on PQ. Even if there is slight PQ improvement, it may not be visible to your eyes. I have played BRRip files on my bdp and hd player and can't find any noticeable PQ difference. If you want HD audio support then look for realtek 1185 based players.

In HD passthrough, the player will pass the HD digital audio to the avr, where as in downmixing dolby TruHD is down converted to Dolby Digital and DTS HDMA to DTS. In the audio settings you can set audio out as RAW or bitstream in which the digital audio is sent to the AVR for processing where as in PCM the decoding is done by the player.

should i go for cheaper wd tv live (available for $54) or go for himedia 600B (available for $150 or 8500rs)?or Xtreamer Pro($200)
I mean to say apart from HD audio, are there any significant differences worth the price difference?
I searched a lot, but couldn't find it...

should i go for cheaper wd tv live (available for $54) or go for himedia 600B (available for $150 or 8500rs)?or Xtreamer Pro($200)
I mean to say apart from HD audio, are there any significant differences worth the price difference?
I searched a lot, but couldn't find it...

It depends on your choice. I would suggest the xtreamer prodigy if it is available. It has more features than any other players. Or you can go with the cheaper WD Live and upgrade later if you are not satisfied. You could also buy a HTPC like zbox nano box pointed out by sam9 in another thread. But it is expensive.

Back