Plasma 50-65 inch

varuntuli

I ideally wanted a 60-65 inch plasma - the options are samsung 64 inch, 8000 series and the lg 60inch, z550. panasonic 65 inches is only available in the VT series which is way to expensive. i can spend upto 2L.

I was earlier hoping to get the samsung but other (US/Canada) forums have complained about the screen filter peeling issue profusely. My AV guy who I have been buying from for a while is asking me to stay away from LG at any cost.

The remaining options are to settle for a panasonic 50 inch, U30 (I tested the U20, the options were not great on it) or a samsung 51 inch, d550. And wait for 6 months to buy a 60 to 64 inch piece.

Any recommendations?

-Varun

varun...what will be ur viewing distance...for a normal room 50 in is good enough..atleast for me..and then nothing to beat pannys neo PDP pannels...v20 ..if not in 3d.

Samsung 64D800 plasma should be best bet after VT30 series. I have not seen one in stores.

Peeling problem may not exist on Indian make. If it does then just return it. Anyways, you'll buy the TV under warranty, right? My local dealer said it's available for 200K. Try to bring it down by another 10-15K.

thanks for the advice. viewing distance is 15 feet, but was not impressed with the size as well as features of the panasonic u20. the v20 is available at 89k and i feel it's a bit overpriced especially as the company claims it will not read high capacity sd cards or hard drives.

from what i gather, in india you cannot return a tv so easily (i got lucky with the u20 being returnable) and the warranty may not cover a 'physical' defect. best price so far for the 64d8000 is 199k. 10k lower is not the problem, i'm worried if i buy i will get stuck with a defective unit.

also, very few pieces remain with the next shipment coming in 8 weeks. maybe the first lot was indeed defective which is why the next lot will only arrive over 2 months later!

thanks for the advice. viewing distance is 15 feet, but was not impressed with the size as well as features of the panasonic u20. the v20 is available at 89k and i feel it's a bit overpriced especially as the company claims it will not read high capacity sd cards or hard drives.

from what i gather, in india you cannot return a tv so easily (i got lucky with the u20 being returnable) and the warranty may not cover a 'physical' defect. best price so far for the 64d8000 is 199k. 10k lower is not the problem, i'm worried if i buy i will get stuck with a defective unit.

also, very few pieces remain with the next shipment coming in 8 weeks. maybe the first lot was indeed defective which is why the next lot will only arrive over 2 months later!
Dude, you are mistaken about warranty claims. Atleast Samsung and LG offers full coverage upto 100% refund for ANY defect including physical.

Infact, atleast for Samsung as I have learned - They are INSURED for any damage in shipment till Installation. So if you get any damage on TV or accessory, you could get it replaced free of cost.

Also, I am speaking from my experience of last year and these terms are WRITTEN IN WARRANTY BOOKLET to are certainly transparent. Only caveat is that Samsung should APPROVE them before honoring the request. So your claims should be valid.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back