Plasma and Sorround Spkr - Wall Mounts in Bangalore

soulforged

Hi Guys,

Getting the interiors done in my apt. Any suggestions on where I can get wall mount for a 50' Plasma and Sorround spkr brackets in Bangalore?

By going through the threads in this forum, I identified one manufacturer - 'Royal Look'. Their website does not really provide a lot of options. Any experience with this brand?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Getting the interiors done in my apt. Any suggestions on where I can get wall mount for a 50' Plasma and Sorround spkr brackets in Bangalore?

By going through the threads in this forum, I identified one manufacturer - 'Royal Look'. Their website does not really provide a lot of options. Any experience with this brand?

Thanks

Are you looking for any special wall mounts?
Whats the issue with the free ones which come with the TV?

I did not install mine but got from the installer and stored it for future use.

For the surrounds I would need them. For the TV, just trying to understand my options. My carpenter is suggesting putting in a wooden panel on the wall and installing the TV on it. Would the ones that come with the TV be good enough for this or should I be looking at a different model?

Hi

You can try the following link who does a good job regarding TV and Speaker stands in chennai.

:: Jenefas & Jenefas Chennai India ::

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

For TV, wall mount is included in price.

That mount is a "fixed" mount so connectors in back panel are not reachable. You can put a one inch thick wood (approx 2x2 feet) and mount TV "through" that wood. I.e. use longer screws that would to to wall through the wood.

hey guyz...reviving this thread...

One Q on mounting a 50' plasma...my interiors guy has put in a wooden panel (pinewood blockboard) on the wall 'reinforced' by a wooden frame in the back. He intends to mount the TV on this panel...anything I should take care of in this approach? Has anybody done this before? Considering that plasmas are quite heavy, would the panel be able to withstand the weight?

I need wall mounts for surround speakers. In Bangalore, I could only find Royal Look. Any other leads in the city? The other option is go with what Marsillians and Sub suggest...

tx!

hey guyz...reviving this thread...

One Q on mounting a 50' plasma...my interiors guy has put in a wooden panel (pinewood blockboard) on the wall 'reinforced' by a wooden frame in the back. He intends to mount the TV on this panel...anything I should take care of in this approach? Has anybody done this before? Considering that plasmas are quite heavy, would the panel be able to withstand the weight?

I need wall mounts for surround speakers. In Bangalore, I could only find Royal Look. Any other leads in the city? The other option is go with what Marsillians and Sub suggest...

tx!
What is the thickness of the plywood used? If it is 19mm, you should be fine. I had mounted my 42 inch Plasma similarly and had no issues absolutely. If there are any joints (very likely), ensure that the carpenter braces the joints sufficiently before applying the laminate or veneer.

Regarding the mount, the one provided with the TV works well.

hey thanks santosh, it is 19mm but i think he has doubled the thickness plus added a frame in the back for reinforcement. for the TV, i will use the mount that comes with it. what about the surround speakers?

Hi Soulforged....check out Designeraudio - Homepage ..they deal in vangaurd TV wall mounts...I am not sure how much they cost...I guess Ram has vangaurd Tv Mount installed at his place..may be he could give you some pointers...better to PM or call him as I don't see him active on HFV these days....

btw...what happened to Suspended Wooden Cabinet thingy??

Thanks,
Venkat

Thanks Venkat, will check that out...

I have a few low-res pics of the wooden ledges...will post it in your thread...

Back